Ace Attorney: Equestrian Division 158 members · 33 stories
Comments ( 24 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 24

Let me rephrase that: Does anyone hate certain sections of the AA fandom sometimes? I ask this because I recently went insane after checking the comments on the recent announcement trailer for Ace Attorney 6, and people were saying that the game is terrible because it's about Kurain and featuring Phoenix as a main character (seriously), and that this and Dual Destinies "killed" Ace Attorney by bringing Wright back, when Dual Destinies is the best game to ever grace the series. :facehoof:

4717339 Huh. It's.... It's a huge dose of Kurain is it? Just... Just a huge dose of channeling?:rainbowderp:

Huh.:twilightsheepish:

4717352 Basically, it's set in Kurain, the COUNTRY. Phoenix has to defend in a court that has literally never had a defendant found not-guilty (except it's not fucking stupid like it was in Vs. Layton) because not only are defense attorneys almost non-existent in Kurain, but also because the channelers can use the spirit's testimony from their last moments against the defendant, projected into special holy water.
It looks AWESOME, but people are saying it's going to be shit simply for featuring spirit channeling after the past few games have focused more on science. Because the AA fandom is now full of fucking hipsters.

4717376 To be fair... I... Sympathize... As you know I feel that AA3's final case... Suffered.... Due to an over focus on the channeling...:facehoof:

But this is not the apparent case with AA6! As the Channeling is a huge part of the main plot, it will probably work a lot better.

... I hope.:unsuresweetie:

Never heard of anyone saying Dual Destinies suck. An AA panel I went to at Anime North this year made me love the fandom.

4717402 Check the comments on the AA6 trailer, people are bashing the living Hell out of that game. I wanna like the fandom, but there are too many fucking idiots, so I have a distaste for it. Love the fans, hate the fandom, I suppose.
4717394 The difference? AA6 isn't out ANYWHERE yet. People are saying it's going to suck JUST by this trailer:

4717376 I'm not slagging off the game get, just finding a helmet.:pinkiesmile:

4717426 ... I'm bit upset we will probably NOT have good old Judge uiwge.... and he doesn't look half fun as our dear old judge... I liked that senile old man. And is Phoenix ONLY returning character? I guess Maya&Pearl will return considering subject matter but what about rest of Wright Anything agency? What about Apollo and Athena? I DO hope they will return!

4717482 To be fair, this is JUST the announcement trailer. Dual Destinies didn't spoil Pearl, Edgeworth, and Klaviare coming back in the trailers.

4717490 still mere presence of ANOTHER judge is enough to confirm that our good old judge will not return... WHY!!!!:raritycry:

4717492 Just a personal thing here: Of the five judges in the series, I can only bring myself to enjoy two of them, those being the usual Judge and Justine Courtney. :/

4717495 exactly! and our good old senile judge will be replaced by unfunny judge! WHY WHY WHY!!!!!:raritycry:

4717497 It would be a bit weird if Wright traveled all the way to the country of Kurain only to find good ol' Udgy around.

4717498 still... I MISS that old man! We haven't seen him since Duel Destinies...:raritycry: I thought it was unwritten law that Udgy will be a judge for all of Phoenix's cases....:raritydespair:

4717498 but it worked out so well in the turnabout storm videos :raritydespair:

4717502 yep udgy is to be the judge of all of the trials that involve the wright anything agency and ONLY them :raritydespair:

Wait! This is the original Kurain village!? Well, I wasn't expecting that.

I'll be honest. I never liked the lore behind Kurain or its channeling technique, and it's partially why Reunion and Turnabout is my least favourite case. In retrospect, it can be traumatizing, or even life-threatening, if something goes wrong, and I can't find any positive thing to say about it.

HOWEVER, I would be a bigoted jerkwad if I let that get in the way of my viewpoint of Ace Attorney 6!

By the looks of it, it has more promise to it than it initially lets on. While the concept of Phoenix Wright having to refute a messed up foreign judicial system, even when it looks impossible, had been done in Layton vs. Wright, I think it would be easier to pull off with this setting due to the Mirror Pool acting as an argument basis to refute...instead of having to rely on (sometimes) baseless testimony in the witch trials. Plus, the fact that Phoenix will be bringing his trademark brand of logic and reasoning to refute the superstitions of the village has my attention piqued.

Also, the animation looks as amazing as ever, (It looks like inspiration was taken from Dai Gyakuten Saiban.) and the music is excellent as always! (I was half-expecting them to remix the Objection theme from Justice for All (what with Layton vs. Wright remixing AA1's and Dual Destinies remixing AA3's), but I'm not complaining.)

By the trailer alone, I can safely say I can take a cautiously optimistic perspective going in when it releases, but until then, I'm going to continue to beg Capcom for Dai Gyakuten Saiban's international release...oh wait, that's not the right way of going about it. Never mind.:derpytongue2:

Actually, this whole thing with the fandom is not limited to Ace Attorney. It goes across all of Capcom's franchises. The company hasn't very good relations with the fan base in recent years, Mega Man notwithstanding. It has improved recently, but there are some people who are still salty with the company. I'd be willing to bet that they're genuinely excited, but also worried about what Capcom will do to screw this up.

*cough*cough*

4717426 Try not listening to them. they're the one percent. Not even one percent since only 6 people disliked that video.

4718753 I suppose.
4717980 Still, Dual Destinies was awesome, but people hate it just because it's Capcom.

4718782 I hate Crapcom BUT I love Phoenix Wright and I DO SORELY WISH OTHER COMPANY WOULD BUY IT! Just cause I hate Crapcom and I hate seeing that logo with Phoenix Wright series.

4719200 But they make/made a ton of great games!

4719211 Like what? failed revival of resident evil games? How about fact that they killed megaman franchise? Or how about doggy adding of DLC in Street Fighter X Tekken? Seriously along with Konami Crapcom is one of worst company in 21st century... they may have made great games back in 20th century but in this new century they are slowly dying out cause they failed to adopt to new practices and prefer to be stuck in 20th century.

4719225 1. Capcom doesn't enslave its workers, so that comparison is too far of a stretch.
2. Ace Attorney, the original DMC games, Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, Mega Man Vs. Street Fighter, Okami, and Dead Rising are all from 21st century Capcom. Are they bad too?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 24