Writers With Learning Disorders 223 members · 1,543 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6
Drakkith
Group Admin

Okay folks, since we're brand new, we need to ideas on what we want to see and do here in the group. My general idea was to have a place that writers or aspiring writers with learning disabilities could go to discuss their issues and find information about learning disabilities and how to work with/around them. I don't necessarily want this group to be somewhere to go if you want general proofreading or critiquing, as there are other, much larger groups dedicated to those.

Also, what kinds of story folders do you all think we should have? All stories added to the group should be by writers with a learning disability, but other than that I don't really have any requirements.

2048733 Having this be a place where we can discuss how to work with or around our disability seems like a great idea. somewhere to exchange tips and tricks to improve our writing, and how to minimize mistakes.

As for story folders I think the usual story tags should do, plus one for NSFW content.
personally, from experience with other groups, I think there should be a limit on how many folders one can insert a story in. Anywho, that's my 2 cents.

2048733 Maybe we could do some sort of weekly advice thread, like how to get around disabilities. Also, I think we could do some critiquing, so long as it's a story that falls under the group. For folders, maybe a folder for stories about overcoming disabilities, general pick-me-ups, and maybe just some other basic folders; Romance, Comedy, Adventure, etc.

I have two ideas. The first one might be a little mean, so don't judge me. My first idea is that the groups are per disability, say... a folder for ADHD and anyone with ADHD can post their stories in there.

My second idea is just folders per category. (comedy, dark, ect) Then you just introduce yourself on the homepage before adding stories.

Are my ideas good? :unsuresweetie::twistnerd:

Drakkith
Group Admin

I'd rather not split everything up by disability, as it makes things confusing when you have more than one. Plus, it doesn't really help much, as the same disorder can have wildly varying symptoms in different people.

But I do like the category idea. Simple. Easy to understand. Effective.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6