The Alliance to Restore Free Equestria 17 members · 2 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

Note: If you have an idea for the technical side of the defense, place it here. So far, we have this:

Ironically, weather manipulation weapons could work extremely well, as a single tower turret could create a controlled storm that would put an army in disarray. I have myself, being an inventor, created multiple forms of manipulation gear that can be used by a single Pegasi, and it also has a clause written into their design: if the controller is exposed to the form of energy used by Stromcloud to control others, the machine becomes unusable, and cannot be fixed, even by me.
To return to the point at hand, the towers should create a complex labyrinthine structure, forcing any intruder to have to pass through the line of fire for all the turrets and positions. I have a way to create a magic bond ensuring that the knowledge of how to bypass the maze is erased if the subject is under control. The camps should be unreachable by flight or any other means of transportation, including teleportation, and use a mix of technology and magic, ensuring that a two-pronged assault would be necessary to stop at least one aspect of the tower, allowing it to attack even under extreme duress.

There is also talk of creating a portal to Equestria, however it would only be used to send selected few to organize the defense. Please, if you have an idea, add or subtract to what we currently have.

Celestia help us all.

Night Heart
Group Contributor

My idea build up on a fiction with the name"Griffin the Griffin"
Within this a human is transported to Equestria and tranformed into a griffin, but now comes the interesting part.
Within his journey he experiments with arcane enery and how to combine them with technology.
For example he loads a gem with arcane energy and engrave it with a word in latin for example umbra(Shadow), to make the wearer invisible or creates a shadow (The results seems to be depending what the casted wishes to happen).
There were many more different way to use this, he also build laser cannons by using a lens system in combination with a high quality gemstone with the engraving word lux(light) which was even able to nearly destroy a shield from Shining Armor within the fiction.

We should start experiments in this direction to conclude if this is possible.

2038659 2039168

The stone sparked an idea. Could Equestria be the home of mythical objects such as the dragon's tooth that grows an army and the philosopher's stone?

Also, what is beyond the Crystal mountains and beyong the Griffin Country? Is this world round? Is it small? Maybe Pegasi should be sent out to fiund allies beyond the mountain range and across the seas.

The map!

I volunteer to open a paint doc and mark where we are, where we need to go, etc. I'd just need to be told. Where are the fighters again?

Night Heart
Group Contributor

Teleportation vs. Portal

As far as I understand teleporation, it uses a higher dimension as a medium for the transport, meaning the object that will be teleported will be transformed in arcane energy travells through the medium and on the place of return the reconstruction takes place. Not very energy efficient I would say.

But if we find a way to fold time in space in each self so that we will not need a further medium, the needed energy should decrease about a tremendous amount.

2046970 Hmmm, I have experimented with tesseract law, maybe that would work...

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6