Fallout Equestria: Crossovers 237 members · 110 stories
Comments ( 27 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 27
G-man64
Group Admin

Despite the best efforts of this group I haven't seen any new FoE crossovers in a while. So I thought I'd make a handy little guide to help coax some ideas from you all. Ready?

Step 1: Choose the crossover: What do you enjoy? Books, movies, games, plays? As long as it's something other then Fallout Equestria you can attempt to cross it over (this includes regular Fallout and regular MLP).
For this we'll be using Trauma Center as an example. So once you've decided on what to make the crossover about you need to decide.

Step 2: Will it be a direct crossover or a re-telling: A direct crossover would be any time a character from another series comes directly into the wasteland, or an Equestrian Wastelander going to their universe. Alternatively there's the retelling route. This is as simple as taking plot elements from something else and fusing them with Fallout Equestria.
For our Trauma Center crossover I think a retelling would work better because I'm not sure how we could bring the Doctors into the wasteland and make it as good. But when you've decided what type of crossover you want the next step is.

Step 3: Choosing a timeline: When making a normal FoE fic this is probably what you should do first but taking care of the first few parts in this situation can help eliminate some choices. The FoE timeline for stories can easily be split into three sections Pre-war, Post-war, and Post-pip. Pre-war is the time during the Zebra Pony war before the megaspells were dropped and Equestria (or wherever your fic will take place) became a wasteland. These will typically focus on the growing tension between the two armys and the resulting stress put on normal citizens as they worry each day if the sirens will ring and they need to get to a stable. Post-war is any time during the two-hundred year stretch between the spells falling and Littlepip's journey. These are your typical survive the wasteland style stories. Finally is Post-Pip now warning this will be spoilerie so don't read this part if you don't want to know how Pip's journey ends. Since these are after the day of Sunshine and Rainbows these will typically be focused on rebuilding civilization. The hardship's of trying to restore order to this chaotic world. This has a subset of before or after the Gardens were activated. There was a seven year gap before the rest of the Elements were found so there's a gap before the radiation and taint are purged.
Now then for our Trauma Center crossover we'll need an established medical community so we can cross post-war off the list. Because pre-war we have Fluttershy's Ministry of Peace and post-pip we have Velvet's Followers of the Apocalypse. But during the time inbetween anyone who says they can patch you up and not have you die on the operating table can call themselves a doctor. For our purposes I think we'll go with pre-war because that makes it easy to take care of Delphi re-purposing them as a subset of the Zebra army specializing in Bio-weapons as opposed to a terrorist group and GUILT being their main weapon.

Step 4: Synopsis: This part is just like any other story. Get it all together. Make your characters, the setting the plot, you know the things that make the story a story.
So with our Trauma Center example (shortened for simplicity). Healing Horn: A unicorn who just recently joined the M.o.P. He doesn't know it yet but he holds a special power that sets him apart. The power of the Healing Touch a power said to come from a god of the tribal times.
Helping Hoof: Healing Horn's nurse/assistant. She's always there to snap him out of a funk or pass him toe tool for an operation.
Xedam: The head of Delphi the Zebra army's bio-weapon specialty division.
The main location will be a M.o.P hospital in Manehatten.
The plot is: Healing Horn recently signed on with the M.o.P. in an attempt to help save lives. But something odds been going on. Some of the cases aren't normal. As he digs deeper into it he learns of a Zebra plot and his own gift. He's one of the few that will be able to help stop the onslaught before it begins. So he needs to not only stop Delphi but save those already afflicted by their most devastating weapon ever GUILT.

Final Step: Get to work: Now that everything's in place you're ready to start writing your story. Or if you're to busy start a thread on this forum and see if someone else wants to help you or take care of it.

I hope this little guide helps you all get some ideas pumping. I made this group so there'd be more triple crossovers so let's get out there make it happen.

G-man64
Group Admin

Thanks I've been meaning to do this for a while.

2470258 i kinda just got a inkling after i read your message FoE:the last airbender it just hit me like a "hurricane" then i was "blinded by the light" and then i came here once i stopped tripping (jk^~^)

G-man64
Group Admin

I can in all honesty see that working. Set it post-war and have an Honest Heart's type thing going on with a war between tribes. I can see the intro chapter now.

"Unicorn, Earth, Pegasus, Griffon. Long ago our tribes lived together in harmony. Then everything changed when odd pegasi came from above the cloud cover. Only the Griffons were able to combat them in the air but when our tribes needed them most they were eliminated. For fifty years we've lived in fear of the armored pegasi returning. But everything changed when my brother and I found a wounded griffon named Aang (just using it as a filler). Though his skills are great he still has a lot to learn. But I believe he can save our tribes."

I can totally see this working. Understand my reasoning for casting the tribes also. Unicorns versatile they're both necessary for combat magic and healing much like the Water Tribes. Earth ponies well that's more so the name. Pegasi act as the Fire Nation because while the ones that were tribal were peaceful the ones from the enclave came down to take over. Finally the griffon's this is an odd choice because griffons aren't like the nomads that much. Most in the wastes are merc's but they'd be the only race able to combat the enclave's areal control therefore a prime target. So they end up going years with no real way to combat the new threat then out of nowhere a griffon wanders in and they believe he's their savior who can end the war.

If you want I could help you set up a baseline so we could get it up on a thread.

2793274 thanks btw I'm not endorsing a socka(placeholder) being a unicorn that can't use magic that just ain't right that's like chocolate rain messed up!

G-man64
Group Admin

Well you could just have him as a One Trick Pony. It's a trait in FoE that's used quite often. Here's the description from the PnP, "One Trick Pony (Unicorn only): Unlike most Unicorns you can only cast a single spell. Lucky for you, you cast that one spell very well! You begin play with only one basic-level spell, and you cannot learn more (not even advanced or expert levels of your one spell); but you have access to the later Mighty Spell perks for that one spell, and you gain Mighty Spell (Rank 1) at sixth level for free... Choose carefully."
Not sure what single spell to give him though.

2793303 kinesis it makes a great substitute for his boomerang!

G-man64
Group Admin

Or he could use Kenesis to use his boomerang. And sword. Man Sokka's Master is probably my favorite episode but that's off topic.

2793351 there's no such thing as off topic when it comes to my third favorite character snd you got a point about the sword.

G-man64
Group Admin

After all Sokka wasn't known only for his Boomerang. He was also great at coming up with names (the Boomer Aang Squad see it's good cause it's got Aang in it), plans (day of the Black Sun), and jokes (SOKKA SAY SOMETHING FUNNY! Funny how?).

2793386 yea but he was kinda out of it in avatar day(I'm confused should i say in or on?)

G-man64
Group Admin

It works either way since it was in the episode Avatar day which was on Avatar Day. You ever read the comic where he joins the Fire Nation Army as Wang Fire?

2793409 i didn't even know they made a comic!

G-man64
Group Admin

Yep there's a comic collection of short comic's (that one has what I was talking about also Boomi Vs. Toph who's the greatest Earth Bender), a series of comics set after the war (they're called the Promise and I'll leave it there because spoilers), a series of comicd about Zuko's search for his mother, and they're going to have another comic series but I forget what about.

2794454 that's so cool and so infair at the same time.

G-man64
Group Admin

Well the comics act as a bridge between the end of the war and Korra.

2794580 i gotta keep a eye out for it i love these kinds of things!

G-man64
Group Admin

And I gotta get parts 2 and 3 of the Search. After all Sokka has his sword again on a poster of the gang when they're older (and he brings up his Boomerang in an episode). Maybe Zukko's mom isn't the only thing they'll find.

2794684 that or sokka got another sword they aren't quite rare ya know?

G-man64
Group Admin

Another meteor blade? I doubt it.

2795928 doubt sokka's divine universe defying luck do you realize how many people lost their lives/jobs/cabbage because of that!

G-man64
Group Admin

Hey that Cabbage Merchant went on to create a very successful corporation.

And without him who knows how inaccurate the Ember Island Players play about Aang and his friends would have been? I mean he did run into them a few times.

Okay I guess he ran into them a lot.

2796062 my point is proven face it sokka got space mojo or juju or chi whatever in spades he even got a acupunctureist circus girl stalker who can disable benders dude has skillz!!!

G-man64
Group Admin

Now I'm wondering if she get anybody? I mean Mai got Zuko, Suki got Sokka, Katara got Aang, Toph gets someone because she has a daughter. But you think Ty Lee got anyone?

2797550 probably that one guy's dad from first season you know the chi blocker who stood against what's his name after learning that he was a waterbender that would be my guess.

G-man64
Group Admin
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 27