Vent 127 members · 74 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

Spike fans are insane. Look, I love Spike. He's a dapper little gentledrake and sweet about ninety percent of the time. I wrote a story where Twilight spanks Spike for lying to her after the episode Owl's Well That Ends Well. She also cuddles him, gives him a bath and gives him a break on making dinner so that he understands she still loves him. I thought it was a sweet story. If the objection had been about the spanking, I'd have gotten it. But, a lot of Spike's fans seem to refuse to admit that he genuinely misbehaved during that episode.

He told Twilight a bold faced lie to cover up a mistake. He was going to frame Owloiscious. How did he NOT deserve punishment for that? At least a time-out for goodness sake. But no. Spike is perfect and can't be called out when he screws up. And this isn't a one-time thing. I've seen so many stories where Spike fans DEMAND he be put into a story, regardless of whether he's actually relevant to the story's plot, crying Spike abuse if the character's aren't lining up to kiss his a:yay: every five minutes, complaining if he's not in an episode (because it's not like he has his own life or anything.)

And once again, I actually like Spike. But this sort of sh:yay:t is the reason I don't write about him that much.
There. Off my chest.

Same. I know for a fact there is one user who comments on literally every crossover story involving Super Sentai and Kamen Rider demanding to know if Spike has a role to play, and then throwing a temper tantrum if not. A mostly polite one. But still.

People have called them out for it multiple times. Yet they never listen (and I won't name the user in question either). And yes, I know this is an old forum thread. But this needed to be said.

7863052 Well, the show did a bit of a disservice to Spike. They didn't really know what to do with him.

I think he deserves at least a little bit of the spotlight.

Sure. But demanding authors pander to what you want isn't a good way to do that. Write it yourself.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4