Vent 127 members · 74 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

I was moving last week and the quarter just started. Before I moved, I looked at my grades and saw that either things weren't added yet or I had a 100% A in classes. After five (really four) days of not school I missed a lot but I thought my teachers would just excuse me for a bit of it. I told teachers what happened and why I was absent and that I need all my work on the day I returned only to stay at home for one more school day. I got a hold of a computer so I could look at my grades again and I think it was Sunday or Saturday when I looked. Low and beneath, I had an F in one of my A++ classes. Math! I've never gotten an F in math before unless I really didn't feel like doing work. They knew I was out and in math, we have "Binder Checks" which is were our fellow classmates see what we've done and grade it because the teachers are too lazy to do so. I missed enough to get an estimated 50%. Instead of letting me come back in time to do what I needed to do they messed up my chances of getting exempt for the mid term final exam! I need two A's in this class or in any class to not have to take the final exam and now if I don't get this F to an A, I have to take more bullshit tests on something I'm skilled in 110%. As for Science, English and Government, my teachers did the same thing even though I don't care about not getting exempt anymore. I had a two D's and a C for the first quarter. Math was the one core class I was expected not to take the exams on. Why much teachers be asses!? And then I'm in math and don't understand something and my teach gives me an F on that with out helping me. She might know I'm the star student in there but damn, stars need help too. Plus, having a job doesn't help me either because I can't come after school for extra help. School's a bitch.

5625958 Just by the title alone... damn

5625978 I'm more mad at my math grade than the others. I'm an A+ student in math and yet just because of us moving I'm a failure!!

5625958 It's hard to tell when one excuse is legit or not. It's much easier to just make the rules and stick to them. It's up to people to adjust to the system then.

5626269 All I'm staying is I better get my A in math. I use to like my math teacher until she treating me like a brick wall. As least some of the other teachers gave me time before saying its an F "for now". She did the grade while I was gone! The others told me I have time to make things up. GIVE PEOPLE A CHANCE!!!!

5626273 Yeah, they should give you a chance. That is so wrong. :applejackunsure:

5626324 THANK YOU!! I'm glad someone gets it. :yay:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7