Vent 127 members · 74 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

So I used to have a girlfriend, and we were happy as can be and close as two eggs and a skillet until I found out she'd probably been cheating on me. She'd tell you she hasn't been, but I'll have my suspicions what with her kissing that other guy who said he couldn't control himself in the "heat of the moment", she says he did it all on his own and she had no part of it. Later I was told the things she told me were the same things she were telling her ex, whom she was deathly afraid of and said she absolutely hated ever since they started going out together. I knew I couldn't be in good hands if this girl was treating me like her ex, and I bet the next person she goes out with she'll say she never loved me. I know she never felt that strongly about me because she just made a blog post saying I only loved her because I felt sorry for her, nothing more (she blamed it all on me like the coward she is, blaming other people, for example, every other ex she's had). That's all, good to get that out of my system.

5608124 The point of a relationship is being together because closeness makes both of you happy. Relationships should not about chaining the other person and taking away their freedom. If she wants to do other stuff on her free time, that's her business. I don't see how it's any of your concern. Just let her do her thing and enjoy her company while you're still together. Drama doesn't help anyone.

5608508 Firstly, she lied about it to me (that's wrong, you can't trust someone who doesn't trust you). Secondly, if everything I do in my free time is her business, everything she does in her free time should be mine. Thirdly, we broke up weeks ago, because I think she never loved me in the first place. She was talking to me the same way she talked to her ex whom she says she always hated (even while they were together).

5609688 Liers aren't born, they are made. If you couldn't accept the truth calmly, you basically pushed into lying. It's hard to tell the truth when you get punished instead of rewarded for your honesty.

If she was judging your actions that you make on your free time and tried to change you in accordance to her will, then that is a minus on her part. Still, if everyone around you is a murderer, it doesn't necessitate you to become one. Same thing here. If she had a flaw, it doesn't mean you have to have the same one.

She didn't love you because there's no such thing as love. There are endorphins and other hormones at the start of a relationship sometimes, but they vane in less than a year. What remains is a mere attachment.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4