Canterlot Wedding Blues 551 members · 346 stories
Comments ( 18 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 18
JWR

Since we never see the personal fallout between Twilight and her friends from the wedding rehearsal incident in S2 or S3, we can only logically assume that they worked things out in between.

How do you think that things played out?

Well, I made my assumption for that in Apologies After the Love Wave. Canterlot Healing Process was a good one too, The apology obviously occured offscreen, I wish it had been on though.

JWR

I imagine it was a cross between "Aftermath" and "Post Nuptials". Realistically, the events of the episode would leave Twilight with some emotional trauma that needed to be tended to.

JWR

I'd imagine that while Twilight did forgive them, she eventually made them aware of just how much they hurt her and there'd be massive guilt all around.

JWR

So, I'd say like "A Canterlot Wedding: Aftermath", but with a few changes:
1. Cadence heard from Twilight in the caverns what happened at the rehearsal, but is understanding/forgiving rather than overly berating them and being cold. She'd tell them that what they did wasn't okay, but being the Princess of Love, she wouldn't be too harsh on them knowing that they probably already feel bad about it.

2. Twilight tries to hide her lingering resentment because she's having trust issues, she's afraid that they wouldn't take her concerns seriously again. Also, despite her anger over being abandoned, she was sincere when she forgave them in Part 2, she just didn't fully vent her negative emotions.

3. Shining Armor also has therapy sessions, due to having trauma brought about by being mind raped by Chrysalis, failing to protect the city, and personal grief over what he did to Twilight.

I like that idea. Have you considered making a story of it?

JWR

It already exists in the form of "A Canterlot Wedding: Aftermath" by Black Kyurem. Those are just changes I would have made to the story. Granted, I COULD write a story with those changes.

JWR

Who amongst Twilight's friends would be hit the hardest with guilt?

Well, for me its Applejack since she was the one who suggested they go check on "Cadence" but Spike could be as well.

JWR

My choices are:
Shining Armor - Who had to wrestle with the guilt of hurting his sister, not knowing his bride was in danger, and failing to keep the city of Canterlot safe from the threat.

Princess Celestia - Who feels guilty about neglecting another pony close to her in Twilight, couldn't tell her own niece apart from an imposter, and failed her subjects by not only failing to recognize the imposter until it was too late, but also failing to ward the threat off herself.

Applejack - Who failed to live up to the promise of taking Twilight's concerns seriously, abandoned her closest friend for a stranger, and failed to realize when she and the other elements were being deceived.

Spike - Who betrayed the Mare whom he assists and had come to know as a sister.

They all sound like good choices.

JWR

7100133 How did each of Twilight's loved ones cope with the guilt/regret?

Not sure. I remember in families (the sequel to Post Nuptials) that Celestia gave Twilight a lot of bits to try and make it up. Shining Armor could have nightmares of his sister dying or not forgiving him but Cadence comforts him or maybe takes him for therapy.

JWR

Sounds about right. Though perhaps Celestia could also have nightmares about Twilight going to the dark side or dying.

I assumed long time ago that Twilight just decided to bear with it, like with many other quirks of her friends, she decided to bury it inside of her and forget it... Celestia have experience to not act bothered, Shining and Cadence could had a little honey moon and then be worried too much about the Crystal Empire

JWR

Twilight is gracious and empathetic enough to recognize that her friends never meant to hurt her and were genuinely remorseful over shunning her. She's not the type to carry grudges.

More that empathetic and gracious, is just that if we think about it, from season 1 the beginning we know that she did not had friends, if she confront her friends, she could end without friends, is not that she don't carry grudges more that she can't carry them

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 18