Canterlot Wedding Blues 551 members · 346 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

Hello readers and supporters,
I’ve been coming up with ideas that probably could’ve made my Loved and Lost story even better, such as adding new scenes, making scenes different, etc. I want to get some input from some of you on whether I should go through with this or not. If yes, not only will I take down the current version of the story and replace it with the remake, I will also post the story on my new fanfiction account.

Here are some of the new ideas for the new version of the story:
• Twilight and Jewelius’s relationship in the beginning is given more depth, before she realizes his true nature. Their scenes together are longer. At first, they look like they’re developing a romantic relationship and even sing a song together at one point. This would serve to hide the surprising fact that Jewelius is the true villain and make him look more like a secondary protagonist and possible love interest for Twilight. Frozen’s “Love Is An Open Door” was an inspiration for this scene.
• There would be a scene, before the rehearsal, where Jewelius asks Celestia if she’s noticed anything out-of-character in Cadance’s behavior, which Celestia politely disagrees. This scene would establish the relationship between the two; while Celestia does favor Cadance, she clearly does care for her nephew. Jewelius at first seems to want to insist that there’s something suspicious about Cadance, but then decides to support his aunt on her decision; this would later be revealed to be him manipulating her into dooming herself and her kingdom.
• A scene that shows the reason why Jewelius makes Ponyville suffer after usurping the throne: in the scene before the rehearsal where the Mane Five are fawning over their new bridesmaids’ dresses, he reveals that he felt greatly insulted when they dismissed his suggestions and praised Cadance in his presence.
• Jewelius turns Twilight against her friends and family by saying that they only saw her as a means to make all their dreams come true, they thought they were all better than her, they found her interests and characteristics annoying and laughable, and that they were all nice to her only when it suited them.
• New scene: Celestia, Shining Armor, and the others’ trial after they’re captured after breaking into Canterlot.

These are some of the new ideas I have. Do they sound interesting? Does anyone have any other ideas that they’d like to share? Please let me know in the comments if any of you would like me to go through with this remake idea.
Thank you for your support.

I believe that points one and four would be the best choice because it would build up the feelings that Twilight showed when she saw her friends and it would devlop Twilight's reasoning for doubting and refusing to believe her friends and mentor. The scene would give us the main 6 and the princesses reactions to the sentencing but truth be told, it wont be necessary or even worth including in the main story. Perhaps you could do some sort of AU the story to see how it would play out with these scenes and points added to the storyline. Either way, I love the original story and the emotions that we the readers feel from the the main 6, especially Twilight's inner conflict between her sense of good and her sense of justice.

I didn't like how jewel its was so easily able to take over in the story, despite him facing two alicorns

It should not have been possible for him to me

I don't know if you or anyone else has realized this, but Twilight not believing her friends, mentor, and brother telling her Jewelius is evil kinda sounds very similar to her trying to tell them the Cadance-impersonating Chrysalis was evil. It's a karmic reversal of roles for them. Don't you think?

I also think he should have a different fate because I found the death by changeling to be too good of a punishment for him.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5