Power Ponies HQ! 429 members · 218 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12

Has anyone actually seen it?

I'm trying to come up with origins for the Power Ponies, and I don't want my ideas to contradict official art (if any of it exists).

Official backstories maybe, but not official art.

I think he’s a blank flank. The comic makes it look like he doesn’t wear a full suit, but the clasp on his cape is a three-pointed shield. Reference.

Thanks! I appreciate the help!

I came across this picture and it’s fanart that has since been deleted, but I kinda like the backstory, and it’s another option.

It's pretty interesting and I might consider that as a alternative. Kind of like a Edna Mode character.

My orginal idea is put on hold for now though.

Orginally I had written Humdrum as Sprig Green, a child chemist developing a cure to Long Face's toxin.

But it was administered prematurely, by a well meaning friend to his older sister Posey Green, who was posioned by a earlier encounter.

This erased her memories and turned her into the hyperactive personality known as Filly-Second.

Thanks for your input!

Child chemist would be interesting. Him knowing they’re family and her not has a lot of potential, especially because then he could turn to Matter-Horn for that sister relationship he was looking for.

I had him as the street smart guy and her as the book smart one, so they had to play off each other a lot. Maybe she would shine more against a more magical-themed enemy.

Honestly my orginal idea for Matter-Horn was either chemist or forensic analyst.

The problem is, I'm not sure how that fits in with Radiance being the only one working with a device that tampers with biology.

It seems if nothing else, Matter Horn would have some insight into something like that, but maybe it's just me.

That’s funny because I was going to have Matter-Horn be a chemist, too.

Radiance is a pilot and in the early days of aircraft, pilots had to fix their own planes, so she has that more technical knowledge. Matter-Horn is more magic-trained, so she would take point on any magical threats. That’s my line of thinking, anyway.

Him knowing they’re family and her not has a lot of potential, especially because then he could turn to Matter-Horn for that sister relationship he was looking for.

Plus the guilt of developing something which effectively erased his Sister's past, would fill him with shame as well as a desire to protect her, which explains why he tries so hard to help the group.

Radiance is a pilot and in the early days of aircraft, pilots had to fix their own planes, so she has that more technical knowledge.

I did consider making Radiance a astronaut at one point. Or perhaps a rover operator.

Matter-Horn is more magic-trained, so she would take point on any magical threats.

My big problem with Matter-Horn being a wizardess is that the power swapper in the comics seems to run on magic.

Ultimately the problem boils down to there being little difference between Sci-Fi technology and magic in advanced settings.

Again, I'm not quite sure why they didn't give the role of mechanic to Matter-Horn. Radiance is already pretty op as it is.

I didn’t think it was magic. Mane-iac, Phetlock, and High Heel are all earth ponies, Long Face is a pegasus, Smudge is... a blob, and Shadowmane is likely an earth pony (or flightless pegasus). No one really has magic.

There's unicorn magic, and then there's other types of magic which run throughout Equestria.

Kind of like how Pegasus utilize weather, without access to unicorn magic.

Basically I catalog magic as a power that violates known laws of nature with no practical explanation.

The power swapper definitely falls under that category.

Less so the Hairspray Ray of Doom, but definitely the power swapper. Especially given that the latter actually works on magic artifacts.

Smudge is... a blob,

Pretty Smudge is a unicorn. Not sure if he can do magic or not, but it's certainly a possibility.

Shadowmane is likely an earth pony (or flightless pegasus).

I'm pretty sure Shadowmane flies in the comic. She's just on the ground much more often.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12