Power Ponies HQ! 429 members · 218 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

Hi there everypony. How is everyone today? :pinkiesmile: I hope well. :twilightsmile:

But anyway, let me just jump straight to the topic at hoof. As of late I've been curious about our little super hero team of equines from Maretropolis. Who are they? Where do they come from? How did they gain their powers? What is there story?

I maybe more of a casual fan of the super hero genre, but when comes down to it, I love a well done caped crusader tale. Now, my biggest question is the origins of each member of the Power Ponies team. We know their abilities but how they got them is another question.

We have:

The Masked Matter-Horn: The leader of the Power Ponies. She can generate a variety of energy beams from her horn, such as energy blasts and freeze rays.

Fili-Second: the fastest pony in all of Maretropolis and can run a distance of miles in mere seconds.

Zapp: Zapp can control the forces of nature, such as thunderstorms and tornadoes, through her lightning bolt necklace.

Radiance: Able to create energy constructs, from tea sets to an umbrella to ice skates to virtually anything else, with her jewelry. She is obsessed with beauty and personal appearances and is mentioned to have appeared on the cover of three magazines. Her cutie mark is a single pink diamond.

Mistress Mare-velous: Mistress Mare-velous has a lasso that she can psychically control. She also makes use of restraining horseshoes called "hoofarangs."

Saddle Rager: Saddle Rager can turn into a hulking monster with tremendous strength when she loses her temper.

And Hum Drum: Hum Drum is the Power Ponies' "bumbling sidekick"; he is the only member of the team who has no superpowers and is "just there for comic relief."

Now with that all said, the question of their origins can be addressed in detail. I have a few headcanons in development that I wont relate just yet, but I would like to hear from you guys. What are your thoughts on the power ponies? What are each of their origins? And how did their team come to be?

Thanks again everypony. :twilightsmile:

Inky~

No offense, but I heard somewhere that Humdrum once had superpowers. Some sort of pyrokinesis thing. I think in some issue, he might have lost his powers, though...

Which group of Power Ponies? The Original Power Ponies, or the Bearers of Harmony Power Ponies?

I noticed that half the team gets their powers from magical artifacts; namely Zapp, Radiance, and Mistress Mare-velous.
My head cannon is that they are actually three ancient artifacts.

-The Pendant of Zuse: A necklace worn by a powerful pegasus who used it to boost his weather magic to incredible levels. It was eventually lost, only to be found by it's curant wielder.

-The enchanted rope Gallopnir: This laso is actually the rope used to restrain the mighty Fenris Wolf in Tartarous. Now that he's free, he will see to it that the rope's new owner will perish before she can tie him up again.

-The Jewled Bracelet of Aphrodite? Haven't thought much on this one yet.
This is just a possibility for their powers. Back story's are a bit trickier.

Well to answer 'Who are they?' and 'Where did they get their powers?' most of that is covered here. In terms of their names (for all except one) and there powers origins. And The Masked Matter-Horn (Trot Summers) dose not technically have powers, just strong magic.

The rest of the questions however will require a little more thought on my part.

My personal take is that Humdrum has a psychic filter like in the Doctor Who series, which causes people to unintentionally dismiss and ignore him out of hoof.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6