Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

I'm thinking about writing a MLP Monster High story it's just going to more like an anime and less like the real Monster High cartoon.

I would like some suggestions for what I should do in the story, like what monsters I should use, what plot point I should make in the story, and also I know the tropes of anime but I've only one anime series (Digimon) and I would like some help with knowing what to do in the story to make it like an anime.

Also what do you guys count as a monster?

Flutterbat is so cute when she's... what mood is that again?
Anime, eh? :trixieshiftright:

For possible plot ideas:
-- Well, maybe it can be like EQG, and <insert your Main's name here> can travel to an alt universe, or similar.
-- You could have your main character deal with <insert teenage monster-pony-thing drama here> (EG: Romance, teasing, depression, or coming out as trans/gay/lesbian/other)

I've spent a fair bit of my life wasting away in front of my computer and television watching anime of all sorts, but I'm afraid that I'm not exactly useful when it comes to how to write an anime-esque storyline. Most of the anime I watch is romance or supernatural (Blood Lad-- you can find it on Viz, but it's only 10 episodes long :ajsleepy:)

What I count as a monster? Well, I would probably say something that's an anomaly, or is... wonky, maybe? But that's not a good definition. I would reccomend (I know I spelled that wrong, but I don't care... :I) using Lamias (Lamii? Lamia is plural?), and depending on what type of ponies you're using (Anthro, normal four-legged, or human), then you can spin the following just about any way you want:

-- The aforementioned Lamia
-- Vamponies/ Vampire type creatures
-- Wereponies/ Werewolves and other werewolf-esque animals
-- Perhaps a merpony or siren?
-- Naga (It's like a Lamia, but with two heads, it's from Indian mythology, I think. Don't quote me on that however)
-- If you get creative, Hydra or dragon-like creatures
-- Slime-based creature ...? (I got the idea from a manga-- Monster Musume. It MIGHT be an anime, but I don't know)
-- Chimera (CRY-mare-UH, if you didn't know :D )
-- Evil-fairy-thing, or wraith
-- Ghost girl/mare
-- Cyborg? Not sure if that's technically a monster, or just a creature and a machine mixed together
-- Whatever these things are and whatever they're from, they look cool: Cloverfield Monster and Giant Louse
-- Centaurs! (How could I have forgotten??!!)
-- Something like the Cyclopes, or the Hundred-handed ones (Look them up-- they're from ancient Greek myths. Very cool story)

I think I'd better stop... that MIGHT be too many monsters for one story/book...

I hope this helps you! :D

5730221 I guess I should have that it's going to be in a human world.

5730226 Yes, that might help a bit. But nonetheless, many of the suggestions I made, added with creativity can still be fully utilized, if you choose to do so. Another thing that might help with inspiration: look up "monster" on Google images and see what comes up.

5731184 Well I trying to figure out if I what to use human monsters in the story.

5731184 You know like Jack the Ripper, Mike Myers, The Hunchback of Notre-Dame, & The Phantom of the Opera.

5732040 I see. Well, whatever you decide to do, good luck, and enjoy writing!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7