Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10
F4D3
Group Admin

I have five core questions that I'd like to see answered here, and since there is no thread regarding this I fell I should make one. To be honest, this is a rather important subject, of course we know enough about the population of the country, percentages and such, but I'd at least like it to be a bit more specified. Obviously, this is more questions for Vikinga than anyone else, seeing as she's the one thinking this all up, but I'd encourage others to partake in the discussion as well. Right, so onto the questions:

1. What is the estimated population of Scandineighvia(may be rounded)?

2. What is our immigration/emigration ratio looking like? Are people attracted to living here, or are they being repulsed for whatever reason?

3. What's our overall population increase over time? I'd assume this would be positive, but I'd like to at least know a generalized number to look at.

4. How much can we affect these statistics through our decisions? Also, I'd assume this country has some type of census, have you though about how that might play into the game as a whole?

5. Lastly, what's the country's job market like right now? What kind of jobs are in great demand at this point in history?

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

the population is about 8 million (4mil earth ponies, 3.95 milion pegasi and 0.05 mil unicorns)
population growth is 7.4k with about these same ratio.

immigration is only .2k and it is mostly Gryphons with a few Prench (The Prench have a big pop growth and emmigration rate. The buck to cheer up and then leave, both because of blueblood)

population growth might decrease with less religious government policies (more birth control, and more open homosexuals) and increase with medical and farm helping policies. The growth rate will also increase with more pro adoption policies due to cross border adoptions (this would also be mostly gryphon, but with a few Germane)

THe major industries are (in order of size employment whise) crystal related manufacturing, trade facilitation (canals, ports, shipyards geared towards trading vessels), fishing, farming, rock farming, timber, minning, hunting (furs and meat are diplomatically VERY important and feed Gryphon merchants), and unemployment is about 6%.

F4D3
Group Admin

So the country focuses more on raw materials and manufacturing. Makes enough sense. Although that brings up another point, are the railroads government owned, or are they managed by companies?

Also, what's the country's minimum wage? And to a further extent, what currency does Scandineighvia use anyway? I'd assume bits, but one can never be too sure...

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

1892838 railroads are privately owned , and it's crytal manufacturing>trade and ship building>raw resources.

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

1892838 they are bits, and minimum wage is low enough to not really matter (Fiscally conservative in both house and senate) The average wage is about 2% above the average wage for the Empire of Equestria.

Comment posted by Viking Hoof deleted Oct 6th, 2013
F4D3
Group Admin

What about storage of goods? Where would that go?

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

1892871 warehouses, Jonkloing, Grindherd, Kobenhovn, and Stockholm are the major trade centers.

F4D3
Group Admin

:facehoof: I meant in level of importance.

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

1892952 storage is Always a low staff operation and don't do much.

F4D3
Group Admin

Huh, I thought the crystals needed to be stored in a particular way in order to not go bad, or over heat, or something... Eh, whatever.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10