Apple Scratch Verse 275 members · 19 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12
Mariacheat-Brony
Group Admin

The rules are simple.

Two teams of Four players: One goal Keeper, one Ground Player, one Magic player and One Wing player.

The Goals are three rings on top of different size posts (Like in Quidditch)

The Ground Player can use arms and legs to touch the Ball and must shoot in the highest ring to score

The Wing Player can fly and use wings and limbs and must shoot in the lowest ring to score.

Magic Player can only use magic to touch the ball and must shoot in the middle ring to score.

The ball can only be "carried" by a player for three seconds before they have to make a pass

Magic grab is limited to a one meter range, the ball is enchanted to not react to any magic whose's source is beyond that range, with the exception of the referee.

Each game is divided in four quarter of 15 minutes with five minutes breaks between the first and second quarters & between third and fourth. A longer break for the mid game.

During the quarters, the team can switch lineup, more like in hokey, and the lineups 'composition can be changed during the breaks, if the coach sees is fit.
(Though I was thinking that could only be done a certain amount of times... What do you think?)

Some contacts between players are authorized; like tackles or agressive 'bumping into each other' :twilightblush:, and so on...

Anyway, what do you think of those rules? Do you think that it might be cool to read about that sport?

Do you have any suggestions to make ?:duck:

That seems like a very good idea for a sport.

I like the concept as it includes all three sub-races/species of Equestria. Just like Pro-Bending in Avatar: The Legend of Korra. I do have some questions though.

Why are the rings designed for each specific player and at different heights? For example, is the Wing Player only allowed to shoot for the lowest ring because it will allow the grounded players a better change to intercept the ball?

How tall are each of the individual rings?

For Wing Players to use their "limbs?", does that mean they can't carry the ball briefly with their hands? Can they still kick the ball around or is there away for Jupitarians to carry or throw the ball while their hands are being prohibited?

Hmm... Blitz Ball. That sounds vaguely familiar.

:twilightoops:

:raritydespair: Oh geez, please tell me you didn't get that idea from Final Fantasy X?!

...*sees post name*

*hears the laugh*

:twilightoops::twilightoops::twilightoops::twilightoops::twilightoops::twilightoops:

Seriously though, I doubt you call something Blitzball without thinking of FFX. :rainbowlaugh:

...And to be fair, I like FFX. And Blitzball.

Mariacheat-Brony
Group Admin

Considering I never Played FF X, I'd say that I didn't get the name from that.... It's a rather happy coincidence :p

Though I'm still thinking about the name.

I'm still working on the details, but I was thinking that the wing player has to be flying, thus If he could aim at the highest ring, it would be difficult to for the two grounded player to intercept the target. It's to add challenge to the game.

As for the height of the rings.... I'm note sure of how to put a number on them.. but I was thinking of maybe adding two rings and position them like that...

O O
O
O O

( the ground)

2814831 i think more harry potter :scootangel:

2814359 hmm i assume that vinyl, CK and AJ are the players, but who wil be the keeper or are you gonna make vinyl the goalkeeper and make allie way the player. she is a good shot :pinkiehappy:

2818297 Well yeah, despite the name, this does sound more like Harry Potter than FFX.

Also, I like you're suggestion on having Allie being the Magic Player due to her accurate shots. She would definitely play a big role in this game.

2817578 I may have kid about the name, but you don't need to change it just because it coincidentially has the same name in the fictional sport of FFX. I think we're all excited on what's to come. :twilightsmile:

Mariacheat-Brony
Group Admin

Don't forget there's the switching of line of players... All seven members will take actions during Blitz ball matches.

Obviously the two standard Line up are : 1) AJ, CK and Vinyl (guess there positions)
2) Rose, Allie, Raindrops
Keeper: Ditzy

Though, depending on their opponents the positions can change ;)

Example : Formation Powerhouse (:p) : Ground: AJ, Magic: Vinyl, Wing: Raindrops and CK as a keeper.

Formation Delicateness: Ground: Roseluck, Magic: Allie, Wing : Ditzy and Keeper: Raindrops

ETC. ETC. :raritywink:

I think there should be contact limits to each role. For example, Magic users are allowed little contact, with the potential for magic to be used in ways akin to unsportsmanship. Flyers should be allowed a medium amount of contact, but with several restrictions in place, most revolving around the wings, of course. Ground players should be allowed to have the most physical freedom with restrictions guarding the eyes, ears, groin, and tongue. An exception to these rules is that all players are allowed to drop kick each other. If a player is unconscious tea-bagging is mandatory. Team-bagging is not necessary, but encouraged. Verbal taunts of any sort are not allowed. :raritywink:

I think it sounds good.......DOES VINYL GET HER DUBSTEP DISHWASHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12