Apple Scratch Verse 275 members · 19 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7
Mariacheat-Brony
Group Admin

Hey guys,
It's been a while, hasn't it?

First of all, I'd like to apologize for the serious lack of updates since August... I started to work around that period, so my schedule was quite perturbed and I've been suffering a really nasty writer block. I've been thinking and taking notes on the stories here and there, but the chapters are very slowly progressing compared to before. (:fluttershysad:)

That being said, during my moments of frantic noting spree about where to go with so many plot lines, the question of Cloud Kicker's relationship's future came about.

As you all probably know by now, our womanizer (and manizer (I can't believe that Auto-correct doesn't recognize that as a word) ) of a Lieutenant's heart has been truly swayed by two women, quite similar but oh so different at the same time, during her life.

The fiery (former) pride of Canterlot's Arcanium, Sunset Shimmer, who vanished in the shadows more than three years ago (in the Apple Scratch Timeline)

And the adorkable pride of Equestria, Twilight Sparkle, Current head of the Council of Harmony

Archive photo of Twilight Sparkle in her school years. small dragon's origins unknown

With the events at the end of "The lieutenant Cloud Kicker" and what I've written so far in mind, the clash between both girls over Cloud (and not the sort of clash she would like!!!!) is less a question of "Will it happen?" and more a question of "WHEN will it happen?" and that leaves me with one big question :

WHO WILL GET CLOUD IN THE END?
(Now, of course, the easy answer would be Polygamy, but I think that's not option for Sunset or Twilight

First -but unresolved- Love vs New Growing Love.

the possibilities are just endless and I'd like to have your opinions on the matter.

Let's keep it friendly, even if I titled this SHIPPING WARS.

Regards,

the writer-blocked Mariacheat

PS: Note that nothing is written yet, so the situation where Cloud might have to make choice might never present itself. Sunset might never come back in Cloud's life. Sunset might die in a fight... Or Cloud could die... Heck even AJ could di...... Okay, that last one is clearly impossible, but you get what I'm saying right?

My... Sunset has some curves.

No worries. Life happens.

I'd expect Cloud to make a choice befitting her character. Yes, that was a cop-out.

Sunset's been gone for over 3 years with without a word to Cloud. There were no letters, no hints on where to find her, and no explanation (yet) on why she decided to bail other than "she didn't get the spot on the council." I'd like her to stick with Twilight because, quite frankly, that's what I'd do if I was in Cloud's position.

Besides, unless you have a scene planned out where Sunset "is secretly a good guy/secret agent of Celestia" or has a change of heart later on, it doesn't look like Cloud's best interests are in her plans as of right now (or Equestria's for that matter).

Like what Sabin says above, Sunset doesn't seem to have Equestria's best interests at heart. And Cloud has gone so far to become a very strong and very good guard. That and if Sunset is going to hurt anyone, Cloud and the rest of the Apple Family will have a large problem with that. And since the two Apples have dames on the Council, who is bound to be targeted, AJ and Vinyl won't stand for Sunset, and Cloud can't/won't fight against them.

Didn't they (Sunset and Cloud) keep their relationship secret? If they felt that they had to keep it quiet, then it wasn't likely to be a healthy/good kind. Sure, keeping private lives actually private is one thing, but sneaking around to get any time together? That probably wasn't very good for either of them. In the long run. Sure, Twilight and Cloud had their early moments of secret, but that was because it seemed like a one time thing and then because Cloud didn't want to shame/be a shame to Twilight. After it came out, they didn't bother to try and hide it afterwards. Hay, Twilight got into a fight with her BBBFF about it.

I say Twilight gets Cloud.

Mariacheat-Brony
Group Admin

Both of you have very good points.

As for the secrecy of Sunset and Cloud's relationship. Well, it wasn't secret per-say, but they mostly kept to themselves because for most part (at least in the beginning) it was just for the sake of Raw sexual pleasure. A regular friend-with-benefits kinda deal (though probably the most regular partner Cloud ever had in her life). It was about pleasing one another, and while they did sneak around a lot whenever they met in Canterlot, they were pretty open about it elsewhere. Heck, AJ and Vinyl know a lot about Sunset and Cloud's history together, even the stuff they didn't want to know (especially AJ) . though they were beyond pissed when Sunset disappeared without a word to Cloud, at probably the worst time for our favorite guard.

They just kept it secret in Canterlot because of Velvet Sparkle, sunset's mentor, who was strongly against the particular use they had of the Arcanium's furniture whenever Cloud came around. (Though that just excited Cloud a lot more, and Sunset was easily convinced to break Sparkle's rules :twilightblush: :rainbowkiss:)

4835398 I personally know that the only person who had the ability to sway my love for someone was someone I had loved before that person. It's not a happy story for me, so I sincerely hope it turns out better for Cloud. So, I personally like Sunset better as a character and interest for Cloud. There was just something about her and Cloudy that kicked. I've felt the same thing with Rare and AJ, Vinyl and Tavi, and even Rose and Fleetfoot from that awesome side story. I've just never felt that between Cloudy and Twi because a relationship has to have romance, and honestly...I can't see Twi as a romantic character. At least not one for Cloud. Cloud would be the type of person to go on spontaneous romantic adventures and generally try to have fun, and in that scenario, I think Twi would just hold her back for the sake of her own introvertness. That doesn't seem like a happy relationship to me. So yeah, that's my opinion on it

Rose and Fleetfoot from that awesome side story

4836467 Funny thing about that side story, if for some reason Cloud Kicker ends up with Sunset Shimmer, unless it happens AFTER that story takes place that story will either have to be edited or removed from canon since that story states that Cloud chose Twilight. Also, from what I've seen so far, Twilight's introverted and paranoid ways haven't hindered her that much other than not wanting to reveal what they have. I feel like Twilight would be pretty gung-ho about what Cloud Kicker suggests in the future, provided it isn't something like having sex in Celestia's bedroom or something along those lines (something I could see Sunset agreeing to do).

Besides, the only options (from what I see) where Cloud and Sunset get together with little to no repercussions, are:

1) Twilight dies in the future and Sunset has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with it. She can't have an active role, she can't be involved with the planning, and she cannot have any knowledge of this plan. Sunset then either must play the "secret agent for Equestria" role or at least change sides and play a crucial role in defeating the big boss at the end.
2) Twilight is the one who initiates the breakup due to whatever reason, or they mutually breakup due "lives going in different directions" or something like that.

Otherwise, Cloud will end up hurting Twilight, something she has promised Shining and Applejack that she would not do (you can bet that AJ will hold her to that even now, not just that night at the tavern). So if she goes with Sunset, they'll have to leave Equestria since there will not be a safe place for them to live without someone finding them and delivering punishment. The list of people that will hunt them down will likely involve:

Shining Armor
Cadence
Twlight/Shining's Mother
Applejack* (with Rarity in tow more than likely)
Vinyl* (with Octavia in tow more than likely)
Rainbow
Pinkie
and who knows who else.

The story Cloud Kicker Goes to Canterlot kind of gives us an "ending" where Sunset gets Cloud. I feel like that story wouldn't mean as much if in both versions Cloud ends up with Sunset and Twilight gets the shaft.

*Sunset has never officially met these two, and I don't see her getting along with them (especially Applejack, who she will more than likely see as inferior to her)

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7