War 600 members · 392 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

I've joined this group like a week or so. Apparently I wanted to post a story on this group but I don't know which one should I post to? Secondly, my story has 2 likes only so can I posted it or should I wait until I get enough likes?

The story is based on the season 5 finale of MLP but it's set in the EQG universe and if you can to check it, you could check it on my page since I don't want to ended up breaking the rules of the group.

For ideas I'm kinda stuck in this chapter because I'm trying to write a marine getting his first kill during an attack.

So feel free to give me some ideas or tell me can I post my story on this group

1. Post the stories in groups as long as they fit in to the genre. Since your story is about Marines, it wouldn't make sense if you post it in the Knights or Spartans folder in the Warriors in Equestria group.

2. You probably have only two likes because either people are unsure of giving you a like or a dislike, or people are tired of Marines in Equestria fics and they don't bother reading it. Maybe viewing a little, but not reading the whole thing.

That's mean that I suck

Nobody sucks unless you're Chatoyance or GrayOnBlue.

Yes, I don't give a fuck if Chatoyance has a searchbot.

Besides, everyone's got to start from somewhere. I started off by making a mostly Halo but a multi-crossover (which I haven't updated in years) and Displaced fics (in which I cancelled all of them after realizing Displaced was an overused and boring idea).

Now I've got two fics that have becomed my most successful and my favorites, a Star Wars Crossover featuring the Empire as protagonists and Grand Admiral Thrawn, and an AU story where modern Humanity is at odds with a modern Equestria.

When you make a story and you want it to be successful:

1. You got to make it well written. Even if it has an interesting idea but shitty grammar, it's gonna be an instant turnoff for a lot of readers. If you're not confident, get an editor and make sure that editor is reliable. Anybody can volunteer to be your editor when in fact, their stories have horrible grammar too.

2. Appeal to the reader. At least Chatoyance appeals to a certain group of people, but GrayOnBlue made stories where the ponies are "supposedly" the good guys who went on a brutal genocide on a "supposedly" evil Humanity that would even make the Nazis blush. No explanation was ever made on why Humans are evil or why the ponies are good. In fact, he never provided any evidence on why Humanity is considered evil enough for genocide. The story is just a bunch of OP ponies who go on a bloody killing spree on Humanity and building concentration camps.

(Talking to him is like talking to a brick wall. I seriously think something's wrong with him.)

Anyways, yes, appeal to the people. Think thoroughly, what do people like, what cliches should I avoid, what ideas can I come up with that are original.

Also, have fun and take your time.

I've got an editor but I question I'm facing now is where should I post my story since my story is set in the EQG universe

The EQG group and the military group.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6