~The Decent Writers Club~ 1,675 members · 9,318 stories
Comments ( 5266 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5,266

"Anyone who wishes to enter my world of mystery and discovery... speak now, or forever be ignorant."

~P

[[So yeah, this is a thing. I figured it would be cool to run a little game for people to enjoy, if that's alright.]]
NOTES & RULES: I will not be playing one specific character in this RP. I will be, for lack of a better example, like a GM.
Anyone can join in at any time. They will start in one of the pods, like everyone else, unless I specify otherwise.
OCs and canon characters allowed.
All species allowed.
One character per player.
This game will be cause-and-effect; You will make your character do an action, and I will respond with what happens. For example:

Player: Bob looks out the window.

GM: Through the window, Bob can see a field of rolling hills, and a strange black tree in the middle.

A voice wakes you up: "Good morning," it says. It is a calm yet ominous male voice, speaking slowly and clearly. It holds no emotion... no sincerity. "Welcome to Sector-54. You all have been selected for a task. It is up to you to find out what it is. Good luck." The voice echoes in the chamber. You all open your eyes to find yourselves in a bright white room, the walls lined with long, tubular containers, one of which holds you. You can see out of yours, but not into any others. On one side of the room is a door with a panel to the side of it. Other than these objects, the room is blank, and you are all stripped of any equipment you may have had. However, there seems to be footlockers next to a select few of the pods. Your pod is not locked-- you can easily open it from the inside by simply pushing it.

((You guys get set up, I will be back later.))

AtomicMuffin
Group Admin

2006658 Gold Rush blinked in the bright light as his eyes tried to adjust. He stretched his cramped muscles and felt resistance. He pushed against the unseen object.

2006658 Backups eyes shot open and his head shot forward in panic, smashing his muzzle against a surface a few inches from his face, causing it to lift up.

2006681 The object in front of him moved away, allowing Gold to step out of his pod.
2006713 Backup's pod opens peacefully, allowing him to step out.
The two notice each other.

2006878 Backup stepped out of the pod, holding his bleeding gray muzzle and saw another pony get out of a pod, albeit in a less dramatic fashion. "Who the hay are you?" Backup asked.

2006658 Willow growls as she awakens once more to an ominous voice, not the usual one either, but still ominous and annoying. She glares about at her container, it has a noticeable lack of anything burnable. Crud a fire would cheer her up right now. She pushes her hooves back through her mane as it naturally forms two black pigtails and examines her ash grey coat.

"Where the buck is my shirt?" Willow shouted. What sort of pervert undressed a mare while she slept, she liked that shirt too.

Agitation building along with a desire to break something, Willow pointed her curved horn at the door in front of her and focused on her favorite spell. Fireball.

2007023 the door immediately opens, sending most of the flames out into the room, exploding on a wall, but still managing to singe the mare's fur a bit.

2007110 Willow climbed out of the chamber with a wicked grin crackling merrily as she brushed off the few bits of char that clung to her coat. Fire was ever so much fun.

She turned to the footlocker and eyed it critically. Not burnable, but the material could probably be turned into armor if she could smash it apart found something close enough to rope to hold the pieces in place. Might as well see if it was open first, wouldn't want to break anything particularly useful that might be hiding inside. Maybe her stuff was in here.

2007110 Backup whipped around at the sound of a small explosion and spread his wings in a combat stance. "Who the hay are you!? Why did you blow that thing up!?"

2007023 (:rainbowderp:)

Willow pushed open the door to the pod, stepping out into the strange white room. Her amber eyes focused on one of the other strange pods in the room, alike to her own. She couldn't see if they were occupied. Fluttering her wings in irritation, she started towards the door and called out. "W-where am I?"

2007292>>2007322 Wait wat
I don't understand
are there two willows?

2007398 I was Willow before it was cool.
(well, actually I saw this and was all "Oh cool an RP I can use my OC Willow" but then I saw that so I figured I would point that out before I did my thing. Turns out I might have confused people. There are indeed two separate entities)

2007407 interesting....
2007308, you might want to reply to the comment you're addressing-2007023
In fact, it's recommended that you reply to everyone here.

2007433 ((So you're saying use some kind of reply all command? I'm new at this so sorry if I'm missing something obvious.))

2007407 ((Not to worry our two Willows seem to be like night and day so there shouldn't be much chance of people getting our Willows mixed up.))

2007308 Willow whirled at the voice instinctively lighting her horn with flames. She blinked in surprise her emerald eyes shrinking to slits at the sight of another pony. When had she last seen another pony? Probably about three months ago.

Not important, this stallion looked ready to fight. Willow snorted and bared her sharper than average teeth as she growled, "Because it was fun. Now stay the buck over there, I'm calling dibs on the contents of this chest, and that chest too. In fact, back away from that chest next to you, I'm claiming that one as mine as well."

Willow's ears twitched as she heard another voice calling out from one of the tubes. Just how many ponies where in this place? No problem, if they tried anything she'd just burn to ash and bones, just like daddy had taught her.

2007655 When Willow touches the footlocker next to her pod, and the lock blinks blue and swings open. Inside are all the items she would normally have at any time. Including her shirt.

2007788 Willow whips her head around to eye the footlocker suspiciously but her eyes widen and a happy smile crosses her face as she spies her things. The strange Pegasus temporarily forgotten Willow scoops up her red long-sleeved shirt and took a deep whiff of the worn fabric. It still smelled of the charcoal, ash, and a little bit of burnt hair. So many memories.

Quickly sliding the shirt on she scooped up her old lighter admiring the daisy that had been painted on the side of the old metal lighter. With a practiced flick of her hoof the lighter ignited its old small flame. Willow smiled happily remembering when her father had given her the gift, back when she was little foal to young to be able to wield her magic.

All that remained was a collection of wood, grass, twigs, and other flammable thing. She lit the pile which soon exploded into a bonfire. Willow sat on her haunches and giggled, happily clapping her hooves together. She began to relax before she remembered the Pegasus stallion in the room.

She whirled back to face him with a snarl silently scolding herself for both forgetting about him and for burning the contents of her footlocker, she could have made something useful with that stuff. Still it made a nice fire which was doing wonders for her mood.

AtomicMuffin
Group Admin

2006878>>2007977>>2007322>>2007308
Gold Rush gingerly lowered himself from his pod. He stood on wobbly hooves and waited for his eyes to focus.

2007308>>2007322>>2007977>>2010654 The four of you stand there, out of your pods, fully aware of each other's presence. The voice from earlier remains silent.

2010654 ((What is Golden Rush? I know Willow 2 and Backup are pegasi, but I've no clue what Golden rush is.))

2012284 (Backup is actually a changeling/pony abomination halfling)

AtomicMuffin
Group Admin

2012284 (Gold Rush is an earth pony. Sorry I didn't specify. :twilightblush:)

AtomicMuffin
Group Admin

2011948 Gold Rush opens the footlocker, revealing a familiar velvet drawstring pouch. He slips it around his neck, but it is noticeable against his brown coat.

2013341 2013247 2011948 2007407

Willow glared behind her hearing another foot locker open and growled as an earth pony opened it and claimed its contents, hadn't she just said she was calling dibs on that chest? She turned back to face the pegasus before her, no wait, something was off.

Willow paused actually looking at the stallion before her instead of simply glaring at it. It looked somewhere between a pony and a changeling, kind of like her father, only far less physically impressive. Still, that didn't give him the right to yell at her for flinging a small bit of fire around. She was the Firestarter. Causing fires was her special talent, job, and recreational hobby, it be like getting mad at a weather pony for causing rain. Okay bad example, she got mad at them for doing that all the time, but still, its wasn't like she'd hurt anypony this time.

Willow glanced over at the other pegasus, yes she made sure this time, it seemed lost, maybe still half blind. She dismissed the mare as to weak to bother with. She first had to deal with the earth pony behind her taking stuff she'd already claimed and this halfling that had the gall to yell at her.

She conjured up two crackling orbs of fire before saying, "Alright, everypony stop! You earth pony, drop the bag. I already called dibs on what was in that chest. You, halfling, where do you get off shouting at me for opening a door with a little style? Also, if any of you are somehow involved in me waking up undressed in a tube, speak up and hold still."

Willow snorted angrily trying to keep her eyes on all three of the other ponies at once as she waited for somepony to start explaining things and tell her where the buck she was. She had developed a strong dislike for surprises and waking up naked in a strange facility surrounded by ponies was one hell of a surprise. One that the still happily burning bonfire she'd started was doing little to mitigate.

2013749 Backup failed to supress a laugh from escaping his lips. "Style? You think that's style? Style is at it's peak when no one notices it."

AtomicMuffin
Group Admin

2013749 Gold Rush stared at the psychotic pyromaniac for a few seconds before her words actually registered in his mind. He caressed his pouch and claimed in a deep, gravelly voice, "This is mine. Not giving it up."

He shook his head slowly. This whole situation didn't make any sense to him, but he was in it for better or for worse. "Don't know what's goin' on either."

2013749>>2013940>>2013873
Willow stares at the three others in the room, unsure of how to react. She stares at the psychopath the longest, before smirking, casting a look around the room and chuckling. "I think I heard a joke like this once..." She casts a glance over to the locker beside her pod, raising an eyebrow. "That mine? I can only imagine what'd be in there."

2013873 2013940 2014461 2011948

Willow seethed with barely contained rage. She could feel contempt drifting off each of these ponies, especially the halfling. The earth pony would pay for taking something she'd claimed as her's especially since she'd seen it first, but he had answered her question, so some mercy would be allowed. The pegasus, she hardly cared, the mare was messing with a chest Willow had failed to claim so it was rightly hers. As for this halfling, his contempt was the strongest, the most obvious the most scathing.

Willow advanced on the halfling throwing the earth pony a glare to let him know she'd deal with him later. She advanced and placed her sharp horn, still crackling with its flaming aura, against the halfling's own horn doing her best to look the taller pony in the eye. She cast her emotions at him, her anger, rage, and barely contained desire to burn him into a husk. She had no idea if he had inherited the ability to sense and taste emotions, but even a normal pony would feel the raw hatred she was letting flow off of herself.

"I'm willing to overlook your erroneous opinion of style," her voice was level and devoid of emotion, "However, I asked you a question and I expect an answer mulatto. Where are we and what do you know about all this?"

20149171 Backup gave her an indifferent look and shrugged. "I dunno. I was kinda hoping you could tell me futuere. You should also probably learn to control your emotions. Focused rage is far more effective than general rage."

2015021 2011948 ((I'm noticing no one else is including the internal dialog stuff, should I not be doing that?))

Willow snorted and dismissed her flames. This pony was obviously and idiot with no survival instincts, and the opinions of an idiot was not worth getting worked up about. He had attempted to insult her using a word he obviously thought would make him sound as educated as she was. While true in that context the word could be an insult, it could also be a complement, albeit a rather crass one. Besides, he had answered her question. She still made sure to cast her contempt for the halfling at him just in case.

Willow turned to the nearby footlocker that remained unopened and attempted to open it. She had called dibs on it and she didn't want anypony else trying to take something she'd claimed.

2015267 ((No, you're good.))
The lock blinks red and refuses to open.

2015267 Watched the strange pyromaniac pony walk towards the locker by the pod he had exited and laughed as he watched her try and open it. "I don't think that's gonna open for you. They seem to be personal lockers, keyed specifically to our identities."

2015291 2016207

Willow didn't bother answering the Halfling, she had figured out as much the second the thing denied her. All of this did not help her mood which was set to boil over.

With a roar of frustration she picked the box up in her hooves flung it across the room and fired a nice fat fireball at it. She didn't care if the thing was opened now or where it had landed, she hoped the thing was wielded shut and its contents destroyed. She snarled like a wild beast, anger, frustration, and stress that had been building up over the past few months ready to boil over like a volcano.

She needed something big to burn, now. She considered briefly frying the Halfling but dismissed it quickly, she was angry, but that didn't mean she was going to kill somepony for no good reason. She wasn't nearly angry or desperate enough for that yet.

She scanned the room looking for a door or even a particularly weak bit of wall, hell she was ready to try burning a hole through the floor if it would get her out of here.

2016645 2016207 When the smoke clears, the locker appears to be completely unharmed. No scorchmarks, no dents... not even a scratch. It looks exactly like it was before... just in a strange position in the room.

2013940>>2014461 At one side of the room is a doorframe with a wall of sleek metal in place, presumably as a door. Next to it is some sort of panel with a button and a screen.

2013940>>2016723 Willow looks at the brown stallion, "So... You come around here often?"

2016822 (( lol :D ))

2016723 Backup walked over to the locker and pressed a hoof against it, completely unfazed by the heat as it beeped and opened. Inside there was a pair of saddlebags and a necklace. He pulled out the saddle bags and looked at the necklace wistfully for a moment before putting it on. "So anyone wanna try to find a way outta here? Or do you all wanna stay here and die?"

2017120 2016822 2016854

Willow approaches the door completely ignoring the others now as she slams her hoof on the button and waits, half hoping the the door doesn't open.

2017141 "I'll take that as a yes." Backup walks over to the other two ponies. "Hi there! My names Backup. What's yours?"

2017141>>2017206 Willow sighed. "Willow. Any idea as to why she's so pissy?"

2017315 "Who called my name?" Willow snarled. She was going to count to thirty before she gave her best metal melting blast to this door. Wait a tick.

Willow turned to glare at the pegasus, she didn't recognize her from work and didn't remember seeing her among any of the rival families.

"How did you know my name?" Willow asked.

2017359 Willow stares at the other pony, a look of confusion apparent on her face. After a few moments, she cocks her head. "What kind of name is Pissy? I mean, I don't have much room to talk with a name like Willow, but..."

2017648 2016854
"Cute, real cute. Now Seriously, how did you know my name was Willow?"

Willow turned back to the door briefly to slam her hoof against the button several times and tap the screen angrily, "By Celestia open up!"

2017779 "That's my name. Were you hit over the head when you woke up, or are you always this angry?" she omitted the 'and stupid' comment.

2017907 Watched this exchange between the two and sniggered. "I like you." He said pointing to the purple pegasus.

2013940>>2017779>>2017907>>2017913 The button blinks, and the panel displays something:

_ _ W _

The door does nothing.

AtomicMuffin
Group Admin

(Sorry guys, I was extremely busy yesterday and couldn't play)

2016822 Gold looked quizzically at the mare. He said simply, "No."

2017206 Gold ruffled his silver and gold streaked mane, a nervous habit he had acquired when meeting new ponies. "Gold Rush."

2017779>>2018921 Gold Rush walked over to the control panel and eyed it curiously. Usually, technology was lost on him. He was a miner after all. But the items displayed there looked like a clue. He turned to Willow they Pyro and inquired, "A password?"

2018937 2018921 2017907

"Well unless somepony here knows the password I'd say stand aside earth pony. To answer your question blueberry, I'm angry because I am sick and bucking tired of being in a Celestia damned cage and I am not going to be kept here because we don't know the magic words to get this mechanical bouncer to let us through!" Willow backs up a couple steps before bracing herself her horn pointed at the door, "I'm going to count to ten and if nopony has guessed the password by then I am going to melt a hole in this bucking door."

AtomicMuffin
Group Admin

2018921>>2019183 (edit)Gold Rush eyes panel momentarily, then he pushed the button. He stepped back and waited for something to happen.

2019329 ((There's only one hoof-sized button and one screen on the panel. No keyboard. Sorry, I should've made that clear.))

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5,266