~The Decent Writers Club~ 1,674 members · 9,286 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2

I'm sure that you've all seen the season finale by now. I mean, who hasn't? Well, I'm not here to talk about that, I'm here to talk about the new phenomenon that came from that episode, #savetree.

Oh geez, where to start? If you didn't know, our odd little community has started a petition to get Hasbro to bring back Twilight's Golden Oaks Library when it was to totaled in the finale. Last time I checked, it had amassed three hundred or so supporters and counting. Both EQD and FIMfic have made posts on their sites about this pepetition, as well as starting a hashtag on Twitter, #savetree.

Then again, you know this by now, and are probably wondering why I'm making a forum post on it. Frankly, I don't support this whole thing at all. Now, before you take up your torches and pitchforks, I'll have you know that I liked the treehouse library thingy as much as the next guy, I just don't think that Hasbro should bring it back because we whined about it. They didn't go back on Twilicorn or (ugh) Equestria Girls, so why should they chicken out and resurrect the tree?

I think that there could there is a potential lesson to be learned somewhere in there, a lesson that our glorious writer overlords should do a Season Five episode on. The lesson is simple: Life is change, and you have to take the good change with the bad change. It might be a bit of a mature theme, but the show has gone to more mature things before, like in Maud Pie where they learned that not everyone can be can be friends right away. That's a surprisingly prevalent thing in today's world, two people don't always hit it off immediately when they meet each other.

MLP has yet to touch on the subject of major loss. I don't think they'll ever have an episode on coping with something as heartbreaking as the loss of family, but they're sure as heck ready to handle the loss of a home. People lose their houses and everything in them to disaster all the time. While they may not have lost it fighting demons from Equestria's equivalent of hell, the theme still stands.

So, guys, that's why I'm here; to tell you NOT to save the tree. If Hasbro does actually bring the tree back through some magic-ey means, then they'll have missed the chance to write a great possible episode. And even if it does happen...eh, we still have the fanfics.

3271893 I agree with you. Sometimes sacrifices are made.

On the other hoof, I don't think Hasbro has fully decided to get ride of the Tree. Only half of it was blown up, they can go either way from here.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2