Vinyl Scratch is Best Pony 800 members · 540 stories
Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14

I'm not much of a fan of the aforementioned ship, I simply can't get into it and I still can't comprehend how it got started. So my question(s) is/are: Why is Vinyl seem to be solely shipped with Octavia, and who would you alternatively ship Vinyl with? For me it would be Big Mac, I don't know why but I kinda like the idea of those two together. I think it would be heart warningly humorous.

3898342 One time I thought about shipping her with Soarin. Also, Vinyl doesn't have much of a personality beyond possibly music (at least in the canon), so, who else is a musician? The cellist!

3898418 The best logic there is.

I am a HUGE octascratch fan and i have some thoughts that may help clarify things for you.

As Derpymuffin7 said, the fact that both are musicians is a big contributing factor to their relationship. they are able to relate to how passionate the other can get with music. However, one could point out that they love to very separate kinds of music that are vastly different. these differences are what makes up a lot of octascratch interactions. Their personalities reflect their kind of music as well, with Vinyl being loud, bold, and obnoxious. Uncouth as Octavia would say. Octavia herself is self contained, well mannered, and a bit snobbish. these are the core traits that i often see in almost all the octascratch fanfics, with some exceptions, most notably "Off Rhythm" by KnightMysterio( check it out if u haven't already, it is awesome! in my opinion anyway. )

their clashing personalities make for good conflict and, once those conflicts begin to resolve, the two realize they have much in common wiht each other: both are passionate musicians, have music related talents and cutie marks, and what other similarities are present in the fiction being read. They are both background ponies and their is a trading card that links the two together.
They are intriguing ponies to say the least and shipping the two seems natural. I myself would never ship either of them with anyone else. EVER.:flutterrage:

I would suggest giving OctaSCratch a second try and perhaps look into "Off Rhythm" or "Accidental Harmony" .

ps this video awesome so im gonna just toss it in for fun whether you've seen it or not :pinkiehappy:

ohh and check out "now available in vinyl" too. its a good shipfic too:heart:

3898944 I'm not sure why I don't like octascratch. Maybe it's because as a guy I can't relate as well to a lesbian couple...? I have noticed I lean towards straight parings more often.

3899237 agreed.

3898342 I have seen other vinyl ships but they are few and far between, I'd like to see more Twinyl

I shipped Vinyl with Maud (platonically) and Octavia with Dr. Stable (they got married and had a child).

3902073 Hm:applejackunsure:, that could be interesting.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14