Brainstorming and Story Swap Directive 196 members · 188 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

Specifically, someone ok with Crossovers, and anthros.

I need someone who is good at theorizing how crossovers and such would interact, like, how would Ologs and Uruks act if free of the dark lords influence for generations in The equestrian badlands? how would a half Hive, half nazgul sword react to SIVA mutation?

How would celebrimbor and the isildurs ring react to SIVA?
etc.

[redundant duplicate comment, woops. removed.]

I'm up for brainstorming crossovers in general, sure why not. Well, if I'm familiar with the franchise that is. Unfortunately I lack the requisite knowledge about the Lord of the Rings to brainstorm much on that particular subject. And I googled "SIVA mutation" but it only brought up real-world viruses and some random building materials trade company, I'm guessing that's not what you mean.

I... don't even know half the species you listed, I thought they were "orcs"? :twilightsheepish:

With my limited knowledge I can only guess that they'd interact with changelings in some way? Probably not in a nice way, I imagine. How, err, "affectionate" are they with members of their own species? Would changelings be able to get love out of them, or is that a lost cause? Would the changelings find themselves on the wrong end of an invading force, and be forced into asking Equestria for aid?

Also, one question to ask is how did these "Ologs and Uruks" (????) get to Equestria in the first place. I'm guessing it's a "X is teleported to Equestria" type situation, but instead of one random human, it zapped a small "platoon" of those guys into magical horseland.

Maybe some magical incident on both sides. (It's a big multiverse, if you blow up your particle accelerator and it creates an unstable wormhole, even just for 5,391 · 10−44 seconds, there's bound to be a universe out there that has a corresponding mishap at exactly the same time to connect both ends.) Either a "sucked en-masse through portal" or a "cut this chunk of land out and relocate it and anything on it to the next dimension over".

Second might allow for extra shenanigans if magical artifacts can come through. Hey, what would happen if the One Ring ended up in a dimension where Sauron couldn't sense it, and it couldn't ever, ever find its way back? Actually, is The Ring intelligent enough to figure out what to do here on its own, or is it just an extension of Sauron's will, and thus it can't really impose that will on its bearer when "signal lost, error 404, failed to connect to Sauron". :derpytongue2:

And what's the history of what happened after they ended up on Equus? Like, summarized, I mean. What'd the first generation of outsiders do? What did the fifth generation do, etc. Is there any hope of them "returning home" at all? Some magical spell or artifact? Do any of their descendants actually want to return to Middle Earth?

And I'm guessing Sauron's troops don't play nice with the ponies either. (The Bad Land do neighbor Equestria, they'd run into each other at the borders occasionally.) Or maybe some individuals do get along with them, generations later. Do they have, like, an "honor system", and if somepony saves their lives they have to respect them? But if they save a pony's life, do they see that as "you owe me your life, therefor I own your life"?

But that's just me guessing without in-depth knowledge on that world other than general "fantasy world" pattern matching. Heck, I don't even remember if I actually finished watching the third Lord of the Rings movie to the end or if I just stopped somewhere and my memories of the ending come from clips online and various parodies. :twilightsheepish:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3