Brainstorming and Story Swap Directive 196 members · 188 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2

Heya guys,
I've been trying to come up with a story idea for a tad that's been driving me crazy. So far all my ideas have been centering around the main character but I dont have much of a conflict or cast of characters in mind yet, so I figured I'd ask everyone if they could help me out here? ^^'

Essentially I was thinking of a earth pony who's parents were both pegasi, and has always dreamed of flying through the sky on his own wings, perhaps even to become a wonderbolt! But those ideas are only the thoughts for pegasi right?

For now he works as a mechanic in a firm that builds equipment and machines for the weather factory in Cloudsdale. His ambitions of flight are largely ignored by his peers and he has little hope till one day he finds whatever equipment he needs to build a (dangerously unstable and possibly lethal) flying machine.

Anywho, so I was wondering if anyone had any idea for what sort of conflicts could arise out of this? What characters could pop up to support him or oppose him? A couple thoughts always bring me to including perhaps Rainbow Dash because I could see her laughing at his crazy ambitions till she realizes he's serious and then find herself worried he'll get himself killed. Flim and Flam keep comming to mind when I think of antagonists, simply because I could see them wanting to take away his exotic equipment or ideas, or simply to trick him into some sort of trap for their personal gain.

But what do you guys have in mind? The slate is almost clean so I'm open to any ideas

5636660 My suggestion is that you keep it short. You have an awesome idea and the more of other stuff you add, the more you dilute it.

You could also use this pony in your story. It will get you very close to canon.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2