Brainstorming and Story Swap Directive 196 members · 188 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2

Well, maybe not. He's going to try, though.

I got an idea after thinking about the original G1 Rainbow of Darkness as used by Tirek... what if it wasn't destroyed, and it fell into Garble's evil clutches? He could have the power to create an army of dragons brainwashed to obey only him...

I've got a little something started here.

Not sure if I should continue or just purge it with fire.

On an almost completely unrelated note, I've also been brainstorming a sort of "Brotherverse." Not a R63 as such, but with a lot of the roles shifted.

The Mane Six would be:

Shining Armor
Big McIntosh
Zephyr Breeze
Thunderlane (with Rumble being a founder of the CMC)

...and two others. While Dash doesn't have a brother, Thunderlane makes an almost perfect replacement because of the Wonderbolt connection and Rumble. I've been leaning toward Cheese Sandwich or Party Favor for Pinkie Pie, which would ultimately affect Rarity's foil, who could be almost anypony. (I'm even considering going out of the box with Blueblood and Filthy Rich up for consideration.)

Ember and Spike would swap places, and unless it breaks her character too much, she may develop a crush on the Element of Generosity. Speaking of crushes, I do worry about how any Cadance (and eventually Flurry Heart) story line could affect the story as well, but that may just have to be part of the world building.

Celestia and Luna would not enter the picture right away, but may become Daybreaker and Nightmare Moon eventually. Tirek and Scorpan would be Equestria's rulers at the beginning, with Tirek falling to darkness as is the case in most universes.

One other consideration is the distribution of the Elements. The Season Seven Finale certainly expanded on that a bit. I can honestly say that I do NOT see Shining Armor as the best fit for the Element of Magic/Pillar of Sorcery, but could easily see him as Loyalty/Bravery. I wouldn't mind changing up the others a bit as well.

Big Mac - It's interesting how "Honesty" came from the Pillar of Strength. Mac is certainly stronger than almost any of the others, so that would be easy, but I'd be hesitant to dump Honesty on him just because he's an Apple.

Thunderlane - He may get the short end of the stick, since arguments could be made for Kindness/Healing, Loyalty/Bravery, Generosity, Laughter/Bravery, and even Honesty.

Zephyr Breeze - Ugh. It's certainly going to take some strong writing to make this guy seem worth of any sort of Element. He's shiftless, rude, and overall smarmy. It almost makes me want to stick him with the Element of Magic because he won't be able to use it without his friends, but I don't think anyone would read the story if it potentially led to Prince Zephyr Breeze. Generosity/Beauty and Laughter/Hope may be best fits... he's actually one of the only non-fashion stallions that I could see representing Beauty.

Cheese Sandwich/Party Favor - Hope/Laughter would be obvious, however an argument could be made for Generosity. Beauty, not so much. Cheese is one of the few Earth Ponies with the potential to represent Magic, but I don't want him to be a carbon copy of Pinkie Pie... although if you think about it he wouldn't be...

Rarity's foil - Almost all of Rarity's potential male unicorn counterparts would be cringeworthy as the Element of Magic. Blueblood as the Element of Beauty could be... something. Same goes for Trenderhoof. Time Turner could be fun as Magic.

Flim and Flam could play a much bigger antagonistic role as well. I mean, there's not really any reason to make them GOOD guys, right? But brothers in a Brotherverse seems like a good way to go.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2