Brainstorming and Story Swap Directive 196 members · 188 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

Just a thought but you know I've never seen much in fics is the idea of things like birth control, circumcision, or abortions. Either the inventing of one of the 3 or some pony struggling with the concept as a possible option. I know all 3 are controversial concepts but with so many fics that are about sexual freedoms or a character going either on a conscious or magically possessed and thus unconscious sexual rampage there never seems a matter of a character thinking later on they don't want the kid. A lot of fics seem to imply that the only form of birth control in Equestria are just whether or not a character knows their in heat or have a convenient condom. Condoms aren't always foolproof and not everyone who gets pregnant even if both parties involved agree to sex later on want the child. Also I know its a fantasy land of magic horses but someone being to big isn't always a good thing.
Any thoughts?

5282761 I've read a story about two ponies wondering if having a child was the right decision. It's a very thought-provoking story. I loved it:
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/195335/different

I suspect this is probably a bit... off-key, considering the seriousness of the subject matter;

but since this is a magical land of ponies where time travel and parallel universes are a thing... :duck:

You could show both outcomes of "do or do not", and have the two worlds interact. This probably ought to be part of a larger setting being hinted at; some "diplomacy between two alternate Equestrias" going on in the background. Could be the season 5 timelines, or could be settings inspired by two different popular fanfics. On an excursion into "the other world" (probably not an adventure, more like a "make business deal for my employer" type situation), two versions of the same pony meet, be that either because one actively sought the other or by simply visiting a place where their counterpart would naturally be and running into one another (perhaps their old hometown, and hey, looks like their counterpart never moved away).

Life-stories are shared. One crucial decision is different.

Which choice was better? Maybe neither was perfectly right or wrong? (Not making any ethical stance on the subject, just brainstorming what would make for a good story.)

Story idea #2:

Marty McFly type situation with time travel, only, his parents are thinking about abortion. So....... yeah this one's probably really awkward. :twilightoops::twilightsheepish:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3