Brainstorming and Story Swap Directive 195 members · 190 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

Im a bit stuck on a really important part of a story im writing. It involves the mane 6 and spike getting kidnapped, and moved to different parts of Equestria. I promise that this is more awesome then it sounds, but I cant say much more without giving shit away. Anyway, I need to know what ponies would find them and save them from their prisons.

All I know is that for Spike, I want Flash to find him, but I don't know about the other six.

4373750 Treehugger for Fluttershy, maybe Trixie for Twilight, you could try Silver Shill or Flim and Flam for Applejack. Rarity could get Suri Polomare if she's moved anywhere where there's fashion. You could also set up Lightning Dust for Rainbow.

Interesting suggestions...

Trixie and Twilight are foils
Flim, Flam, and Applejack are foils
Lightning Dust and Rainbow Dash are foils
Rarity and Suri Polomare are foils.

If that's the route you're suggesting, then perhaps Iron Will finding Fluttershy would be more appropriate, and Gilda finding Pinkie Pie.

That's the "opposites attract" route, anyway. If they were to find more "like minded" characters to save them...

Twilight - Flash is out since he's saving Spike, but Cheerilee as a teacher has a love of learning and might make a good savior. Cadance in adventure mode can be pretty badass when she wants to be as well. There's even Zecora.

Applejack - Braeburn could use come character building after his flanderization in his S5 appearance, plus he's family. Silver Shill and Trouble Shoes could be fun to write.

Rainbow Dash - A.K.Rowling/Daring Do could be fun, as could Fleetfoot.

Rarity - Coco Pommel seems like an obvious choice, although Fancy Pants or Fleur would work as well. Rarity has a ton of under-utilized socialite connections both "good" and "bad" who could make her part interesting. When's the last time Sapphire Shores "saved the day" in a story?

Fluttershy - Treehugger and Discord would be obvious. Angel Bunny doing anything helpful could be amusing. Seabreeze could be a dark horse candidate. Any array of animals from Harry the Bear to the Manticore paying off an old debt could be interesting.

Pinkie Pie - If she were closer to ponyville, the Cakes would be a good choice, but it doesn't seem realistic enough. Cheese Sandwich is nomadic enough to find her. Party Favor has the resources. Having Ms. Harshwhinney stumble across her and have to put up with Pinkie being Pinkie for a while would be amusing.

Other random candidates for any of them:

Ms. Peachbottom (from Games Ponies Play)
Teddy Safari (from Trade Ya!)
Gustav le Grand (from MMMystery on the Friendship Express)
Jet Set and Upper Crust (from Sweet & Elite)
Moondancer (mentioned in the first episode by Spike)
Bulk Biceps
Octavia
Vinyl Scratch
Prince Blueblood
Cutie Mark Crusaders code One Three Four, YAY!
Little Strongheart

I can just imagine, if Prince Blueblood found Rarity, "Consider my blunder when we met repaid by this service, Generosity."
doesn't know her name, just knows her element. Still an asshole.

Also, whats a foil?

In fiction, a foil is a character who contrasts with another character (usually the protagonist) in order to highlight particular qualities of the other character.

Oh, alright. Never heard of that before, but it sounds cool.

I need a few more suggestions for Pinkie Pie and Spike. Also Rarity, because I don't think blue blood and fancy pants would do well outside of a city.

If you've changed your mind about Spike being found by Flash, Spike's foil would be Garble. Spike also had a decent rapport with Little Strongheart in Appaloosa.

Rarity has a ton of connections, although most would do better within the safety of a city. Hayseed Turnip Truck could break that mold a little bit, and the Diamond Dogs actually helping her (outside of Canterlot High) would be a twist. Trenderhoof is a bit of a Twit, but he's shown a willingness to get his hooves dirty with the right motivation, something that might be an inhibitor to most of Rarity's social peers.

Maud Pie's geological studies could put her in an area conveniently enough to discover one of the Six. Pinkie understands her the best, so if it were any of the others, things could be very awkward for a while.

Double Diamond is fresh enough from S5 so you'd have room to work with him. His special talent in skiing could also place him in a location outdoors-y enough to stumble across somepony.

Dr. Caballeron could turn up somewhere. Caballeron is derived from a Spanish word for gentleman, so it is possible that he could use his charms on Rarity despite being an antagonist in his only appearance on the show.

If Gilda and Gustav wouldn't work for Pinkie, perhaps Mulia Mild and Donut Joe could be doing something... considering that Applejack sells pies to the Cajun ponies out beyond the Chimera guarded forest, maybe they do something similar with their mousse and donuts which would send them to some pretty creepy sections of Equestria.

There's also always the possibility of Derpy, who could be conveniently shoehorned into almost any situation... she just needs to be delivering the mail.

Little Stronghearts already teamed up with braeburn to look for AJ.

Spike's a tough one... he has the benefit of appearing more social than Twilight, as he was all set to go to Moondancer's party in Episode One, and he's generally familiar with a number of local ponies (Cheerilee, Lickety Split, and Junebug in "Secret of My Excess," Big Mac in "The Cutie Map")

While most of the Crystal Ponies don't have given names and have little characterization, one of them being able to rescue Spike would certainly make their day... how often is it that one gets to save the Savior? In a way, that's one more reason why Flash would be a good choice: while he's not a Crystal Pony as such, he may as well be, since he's a member of the Empirical Guard.

Alright, that's cool. Ill just have flash and a few crystal ponies who volunteered for the search party find him. Awesome.

So far, for Rainbow, I have fleetfoot, Lightning dust and daring do. I feel like I have an overabundance of Pegasus here.

Pinkie has Cheese, harsh whinny, and Trixie, but one more might do.

Rarity has fancy pants, Blueblood and Derpy, since I figured, she would be the first search party as she was giving the letter.

Aj has flim and flam, little strongheart and Braeburn.

How do these sound, because Im not sure about a few of them...

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11