Brainstorming and Story Swap Directive 195 members · 191 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

This bunny suddenly popped in my head while I was washing the dishes...

Twilight accidentally messes up a potion and it explodes. When she wakes up, she could see strange creatures floating everywhere she went. The creatures are noncorporeal and look nothing she's ever seen before-- they range from cute and adorable to disturbling and creepy. And for some odd reason, one of the ominous monster-like creatures is attached to Pinkie Pie of all ponies.

Now the idea is that these creatures are kinda like changelings in that they feed on emotions and thoughts. But they exist on another plane or something, which is why they're noncorporeal. And the thing on Pinkie is supposed to be a metaphor of sorts for... something. I'm thinking of "depression" at the moment, though that may change when I work out the details more.

Anyway, what do you think?

3174655 I've seen something like that in Star Trek where Data sees some weird stuff that are infact creatures from another dimension.

In another episode 7of9 sees mobile machines for experimentation on the crew. People experience side effects (like headaches), but nobody knows why.

Anyway, good idea. With Pinkie Pie it may be better if you do it as explanation for her odd canon behaviour. Maybe she gets it detached and Pinkie becomes a normal pony :pinkiegasp:.

3174765 Oh. I've never been into Star Trek, so I did not know they had that there. I got the idea from a weird mix of Adventure Time, Harry Potter's dementors, and an obscure anime called Boogiepop Phantom.

Thank you. And yes, I thought of that possibility with Pinkie, too. :rainbowlaugh: I was thinking that she's aware of those creatures, although she can't see them. And she lets the thing on her stay on purpose, even if it sometimes eats too much and makes her depressed, because she's scared of losing her Pinkie-ness and becoming boring.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3