Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10
Divine Path
Group Contributor

To Master Thread

To the extent of hiding something's true form...
Stage EXTRA~
—Boss; BGM: Heian Alien
Spell Card: "Nightmare of Heiankyou"
Someone who makes fear into faith.
The Unidentified Fantastic Flying Girl

"As a youkai whose specialty is being mysterious,
it makes it easy to play on people's fears.
But now that you've seen me, I'll have to bury you
so I can go back to being an unknown.
[...]You human who's forgotten the fear of night!
Die from the terror of this unidentified flying object!!"
~Houjuu Nue

Feel free to discus stuff like character design, head canons, theories, opinions and the sort.
Also, feel free to post favorite fan art or character specific themes, or whatever so long it's relevant to the topic.
Cut and paste bit for anyone else who wants to do this
To spread these out so we has some steady discussion, each new character thread will be made 2-3 days from the last one(rule not set in stone. Flexible if needed) Feel free to bump up old threads.
Fan Art: Try and make it SFW as far as content and hosting site, though if you need to just add (Gore), (NSFW) or whatever is needed. Safebooru is an alternative to danbooru. if you want to find a particular piece on another site, Go Here, Click on the camera and paste the direct image link , hopefully another link to it should turn up.
Copy Paste: end

I will never not be salty about the fact that she didn't get put in 14.5, a game that would literally have been perfect for her.

Divine Path
Group Contributor

At least she got her time in the limelight thanks to Suzunaan.:3

Divine Path
Group Contributor

A youkai of the mysterious. She lives to spread fear for what isn't understood. However, she was sealed underground by someone sent to rid them of the terror in uncertainty. She hasn't fully intergrated into society, and feels somewhat awkward.

Species: nue
Ability: Making her true form unknown
A great curiosity.
An extremely mysterious youkai that flies the night sky.
That is Nue.
She's been defeated by humans many times before, but each time, accounts of her appearance are different. According to one legend, she had the head of a monkey, the body of a raccoon dog, the legs of a tiger, and the tail of a snake. According to yet another legend, she had the head of a cat, the body of a chicken, and the tail of a snake.
These legends were all made up, though.
In reality, she never showed people her true form.
She just enjoyed watching humans get frightened and imagine all sorts of strange things from afar.
That was her daily work.
Eventually she got tired of that and leisurely spent a long time deep beneath the earth's surface, but she got mixed up in the turmoil surrounding the geyser incident and appeared above ground once more.
She saw Murasa and the others who had been underground with her also come above ground and start plotting something. "Ah, finally I can have some fun again", she thought, and decided to give them some trouble by attaching the Seed of Unknown Form to the fragments of the Tobikura.
The Seed of Unknown Form was a small snake-like flying object with no determined form.
When people saw it, what they saw depended on their own experience and knowledge.
Since Reimu and the others didn't think that a block of wood had any business flying in the sky, they thought it was a round UFO of the sort that most exemplified unidentified flying objects.
Murasa and company thought that the fragments of the Tobikura had been scattered about by the geyser, but it was in fact thanks to the Seed of Unknown Form.

In any case, when it looked like others were having fun, Nue would find a way to mess with them from afar. She didn't know what Murasa's group was planning, but she thought it would be funny if they failed.
However, humans appeared who seemed happy at the appearance of that unidentified flying object.
She was interested to see what sort of human wouldn't be afraid of such a thing.
So, she secretly followed them, sometimes helping them, sometimes getting in their way.
Eventually she found out that what Murasa was doing would benefit her, too, and came to regret what she'd done.
However, Byakuren did not ostracize her for having meddled with her return.
The nue thought she would have no choice but to follow the monk for a while.

Did she? Huh, haven't been keeping up with that one.

Divine Path
Group Contributor

Yup, recent chapter~

Ah. None of the manga sites I've found are updated.

Divine Path
Group Contributor

You can download the chapters. Look on the Touhou Wiki pages, and check the TV Tropes forum to find them.:)

Took a while, but I finally found it ^.^

Divine Path
Group Contributor

That's good.:yay:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10