The Toby Mason Appreciation Association 189 members · 212 stories
Comments ( 16 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 16

Apparently, the cover art is the banner now, so I thought "Sneak peak for the viewers? Why not."
So, after revising the idea again, here is the revised synopsis.

An eight year old boy and a sixteen year old boy that both live in Equestria. What more could they possibly have in common besides that? Are they cousins? No. Brothers? Getting warmer, but no. The same person? Yep.
When Sweetie Belle attempts to cast a magic spell at the library, Apple Bloom, Scootaloo, and Toby are all there to help her and support her. Meanwhile, eight years into the future, eighteen year old Sweetie Belle attempts that very same spell while a sixteen year old Toby helps his Aunt Rarity around the Carousel Boutique. What happens? The younger and older Toby not only switch bodies but time periods as well. This could get interesting...
Rated Teen just in case for future chapters.

And now, I bring you russian ducks a sneak peak at the prologue:

A gentle warm light cast its glow upon the skies of Equestria as morning had arrived. The light began to shine through the windows of a certain cottage just outside of Ponyville. Slowly beginning to stir in bed, Toby's eyes slowly opened as he sat up. Yawning, he got his glasses off the bedside table and put them on.
"Geez, morning already." he said as he got out of bed. "I guess all that piano practise really did tire me out last night. Ah well, still means I have to do stuff this morning." Toby said while stretching, with his hand nearly touched the ceiling while he did. Then again, it wasn't that much of a surprise for Toby when it did happen, he was pretty tall now. Opening his drawer, he found his usual red plaid shirt and blue jeans. However, taking it out of the drawer, revealed his long cherished old red hoodie and blue pants.
"Heh," Toby chuckled with a smile, pulling out the old hoodie and taking a look at it. "Man, it really has been that long, hasn't it?" he chuckled again, putting the hoodie back neatly. After getting on his clothes, Toby went downstairs to the sight of his mother, Fluttershy, still sleeping. "Ironic, she used to wake up before me,"

So yeah, let me know what you guys think :pinkiesmile: Should be out tomorrow.

i think it is a cool idea are you going to do that story on your account

1752694 Indeed, it should be out tomorrow :pinkiehappy:

fred2266
Group Admin

Sounds pretty interesting. Expect me to read it, and promote the HELL out of it on here....even if it's not good.

I just hope some readers don't get TOO confused throughout the story.

You have my attention.

1753196 Glad to know I do :pinkiehappy:

1753196 1753112 1752960 1752934
Now, what do you guys think I need the teen tag for? (Oh, and yes, Doctor Whooves and Derpy will be in this, in case any of you were wondering.)

1753363 hmm i don't know and (ok)

1753363 I think it would depend upon the actual plot itself. If the story leans towards the Teen rating and you feel that it isn't going to work like that then you should dial it back a bit.

fred2266
Group Admin

1753363 Probably because there's an older version of Toby in the story, I'd assume. The younger Toby will be going through more...teenage themes, which is why I think this is a great idea.

1752463 Aw.. I like that, but I hope Fluttershy is just sleeping later, and not anything bad. :fluttershysad: Also, those old cherished clothes moment, now that is touching. I can't wait to read it.:pinkiehappy:

1753780 Don't worry, nothing bad happens to Fluttershy :twilightsheepish: The teen rating is there for another reason, but no spoilers :twilightsmile:

1753796 oh, good, I don't want no spoilers. :pinkiehappy:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 16