CMC Clubhouse 972 members · 2,137 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

So, we all know Babs Seed was a bit of a rushed character, a one-shot for a bully episode that got insta redeemed and never mentioned again since her follow-up episode to show she's reformed in the Apple Family Reunion episode.

Despite this, I actually enjoyed her character. It's a shame that some characters seem to be hinged on whether their creators are employed at DHX or not. This is the reason we've not had Babs Seed back since S3, and why Derpy was all but absent during S3 since her creator, Amy Keaton Rogers, was gone during that season until Hasbro brought her back for the finale which she came back to help write for.

So, now that Babs Seed has been all but written off the show and canonically declared she's no longer a Cutie Mark Crusader. Does this mean we can't add new Babs Seed centric stories to the group if it doesn't have the other CMC in it? I just added one recently by Alaborn, I know not many groups are super strict about stuff like this but I just thought it was a serious enough topic worth discussing for CMC related groups.

Are Babs Seed Centric/Solo stories with her not being a CMC now, still allowed within the group?

I think they should be allowed. It's not like AB doesn't like Babs anymore since she got her cutie mark (though Twist would disagree).

One thing I didn't like about the episode was how they talked about Babs no longer being a Crusader. I know the writers needed to set up Apple Bloom's nightmares, but I see the CMC, here and in Manehattan, as a club of friends that united over the search for their special talents and stayed together out of friendship.

4302671 Well, time will tell whether or not Babs Seed pops up ever again. Cindy Morrow, her creator, has returned, so perhaps we'll see Babs appear in a cameo.

Sweetiebellema121
Group Admin

well she was kinda a one note character. she was a bully because she didn't have a cutie mark might see her here and there but not likely as more then a cameo. (probably the 100th ep if anything.)

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5