Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

It's my experience that prompt collab threads are best served with multiple prompts going at the same time. Having a selection of prompts for an author to choose from opens the door to more authors and more activity. Having said that, it's also no guarantee of success or frequent activity.

Anyway, here's Wonderwall. Wait, no. I screwed up.

Here's Shaken. (Sequel to/continuation of Mirror from the previous thread.)

Sunset’s heart fluttered. “We could share.” Her cheeks warmed, but not nearly to the brightness or intensity that Twilight’s did.

“M-my room’s just down the hall,” Twilight mumbled with a weak smile. She hopped down from the sofa and her hooves clopped against the stone floor.

Sunset hid her wince. Please, no. This is a wonderful moment I get to share with the pony I love. Don’t ruin it, she begged herself. She pushed herself up from the sofa as well and followed Twilight from the small living room to the hallway.

More sheepish smiles and pink-dusted cheeks were exchanged as they walked together. Sunset rested a hand on Twilight’s withers. Their journey ended at the next doorway when Twilight pushed it open with a twinkle of magic. Her bedroom was as warm as the living room they just left; the room Sunset saw adjoining the fireplace was this one.

Twilight climbed into her bed, a magnificent four poster affair, hung with violet silk and lavender chiffon. The sheets were emblazoned with her starburst cutie mark and alternated their layers to match Twilight’s mane: an indigo comforter, a pink top sheet, purple pillows, and an indigo bottom sheet. Twilight lay on her belly and turned her head in time to see Sunset unzipping her skirt and sliding it down until she stepped out of it and froze.

“I, uh...” Sunset stuttered.

“I wasn’t expecting us to... indulge so soon,” stammered Twilight. Her blush gave the fireplace a run for its money in both light and heat.

“No, no, this... I wasn’t! Not that I wouldn’t! Ah!” Sunset clasped her hands to her face. “You may not have as much experience, but it’s really, really uncomfortable to sleep in any clothes with a zipper. Ugh, I need to get new clothes.” Sunset tried to tug her top town to cover her panties, but to little avail.

“Oh. Oh! It’s fine! We should talk about that. The clothes thing, I mean. Well, and the... sharing a bed, ahem, intimately. But the clothes. We can talk to Rarity tomorrow, she still has her boutique and I’m sure she could come up with something.” Twilight took a deep breath and let it out slowly, following the motion with her hoof. She then turned back to Sunset and flashed her a more sincere smile while she patted the mattress next to her.

Sunset took the offer immediately and climbed in next to Twilight, resting her head on the pillow and her hands on her stomach. Twilight scooted closer until their sides pressed against one another. Sunset turned her head and saw Twilight’s right to next to hers.

“About the intimacy...” Twilight started. She took another deep breath and let this one out quickly. “I’ve not shared myself like that with anypony, er, anyone. I’d like to have you, um, be my first. But I want to, no, I want us to make that decision together. When we’re both ready. I would—I would be OK with sharing myself with you, even—even if you’re still human,” Twilight stumbled through her words as some came out slowly and others rushed past her lips. Her next words, however, sped past, “But I understand if that’s a dealbreaker for you! If want to wait until you’re a pony again, that’s totally fine!”

“Ssh,” Sunset whispered, bringing up a hand to caress Twilight’s cheek. Her thumb gently rubbed Twilight’s coat, and Sunset pulled her closer for a kiss to her forehead. “I know I’m not ready just yet. I don’t know. I don’t know, Twilight. But I’m glad I get to make this decision with you. We’ll figure it out together, just like with the portal. I’m sure two eggheads like us will come up with the solution to both problems, right?”

Twilight chuckled softly and nodded. While she did, she snaked herself closer to lay her head on Sunset’s chest while a foreleg draped across Sunset’s stomach. Sunset then took her hand from Twilight’s cheek and rubbed along her foreleg. Her other arm wrapped around the other side of Twilight and held her close while Twilight magicked the array of bed clothes over them and snuggled up.

“I love you, Twily,” Sunset whispered.

“I love you too, Sunny,” Twilight whispered back. With that, Twilight closed her eyes and doused the fire to let herself be lulled to sleep with the steady heartbeat of Sunset below her.

Sunset, meanwhile, marveled at the slow, steady warmth of the princess so adorably draped over her, and let visions of her pony self prancing with her princess guide her to the land of dreams.

For now, next prompts are Reclaimed and Rumors

Thank you! Sunlight is ship I really, really enjoy, but don't see enough of. At any rate, I added another prompt, so our current list is:
Reclaimed
Social
Low

I have a good one for Educate.

Sunset gave Twilight’s hand a quick squeeze. “Do you think you can wait here while I run and grab us some ice cream cones?”

Twilight squeezed back. “No problem. Hurry back!” She flashed Sunset a goofy smile and let go.

Sunset skipped off to the ice cream shop just across from the bench Twilight now sat on. There was no line, and she knew exactly what she wanted. “An orange-raspberry sorbet in a waffle cone and a scoop of huckleberry in a waffle cone, please,” she said to the girl staffing the counter, passing her a bill to cover the cones and leave a respectable tip. The girl said her thanks, rang up the order, and started making the cones. Sunset turned to watch Twilight sitting and they exchanged happy waves.

Sunset quickly scowled, however, confusing Twilight until the princess saw Flash Sentry saunter up to her.

“Hey Twilight, fancy seeing you here!” he said, loud enough for Sunset to hear over the din of the mall.

“Hi Flash,” Twilight replied coldly.

Evidently, Flash missed or ignored her tone, because he continued to grin and leaned forward, placing his hand on the bench next to Twilight. She scooted away.

“What brings you here? None of your friends mentioned you coming for a visit, or are you trying to avoid me?” Flash winked and chuckled.

She is trying to avoid you, you ponce. Sunset grit her teeth as her blood boiled. She leaned back and turned her head slightly without taking her eyes off the scene unfolding in front of her. “You may need to excuse me while I handle a little personal situation...”

“I’m not trying to avoid you, I’m just here with Sunset.” Twilight said, equally as cold as her greeting.

“Ha, really? You’re still friends with her, even after what she did?” Flash smirked and his friends behind him guffawed.

Twilight narrowed her eyes. “Yes, I’m still friends with her! She’s changed!”

“Fine, fine. Hey listen, I was thinking that I should take you out to dinner tonight. How does that sound?”

“No.”

“No?” Flash looked surprised.

“No. I have other plans.” Twilight pointedly folded her arms and turned away from Flash while holding her head high.

“Other plans, huh? How about you cancel them and just spent the night with me? We could go somewhere nice and quiet, hang out in the roomy backseat of my car...” Flash hinted with another insufferable smirk and rested his hand uncomfortably high on Twilight’s leg.

Twilight turned around to glare at Flash and stood up, shoving his hand away. “No, thank you!” she shouted. “If you must know, I’m here with Sunset on. A. Date. Because she genuinely cares for me!”

Sunset took Twilight’s shouting and Flash’s creepy hand contact as the last straw and stomped over to the bench, rolling her sleeves up. “Heya, Flash. Is there a problem here?”

“Yeah, you’re messin’ with my girl.”

“Oh, really? Twilight, sweetie, are you his ‘girl’?” Sunset asked, pronouncing “girl” with as much sarcasm and venom as she could muster.

Twilight’s continued glare and set jaw was answer enough.

“Seems like she’s not, Bland. I mean Flash. Guess the only date you’re going on tonight is either with your hand or with your band.” Sunset tilted her head with a smirk.

“You’ve crossed a line, Sunny!” Flash wound up a punch and stepped forward to deliver it, only to trip over Sunset’s outstretched leg and fall on his face.

“Oops, looks like you did, too, but one of us still has a sense of balance. And common decency. See you around, BS.” Sunset reached for Twilight’s hand and prepared to walk her over to the ice cream parlor when Flash pushed himself up and grabbed her shoulder. She whipped around and slapped him hard across the face, hard enough to send him staggering back to the ground a few feet away. “Leave us alone already! It’s pretty obvious that Twilight’s not into you and neither am I! Take your little sauve tough guy routine somewhere it’s welcome. Like the fucking moon, jerk.”

Flash got up once again but was held back by his formerly guffawing friends, not wanting to get involved in all-out brawl that they’d surely lose if one slap from Sunset could send someone staggering sideways. “It ain’t worth it man.” “Let it go!” A stream of muttered curses followed, but Flash and company slinked away.

“Sunset...” Twilight started.

Sunset sighed. “I know, I shouldn’t have. Violence isn’t the answer. But he was grabbing at you, Twilight! I can’t stand him, and to see him try that, and especially with you...”

Twilight grabbed Sunset’s hand with one of hers and Sunset’s arm with the other, standing up on her tiptoes to kiss Sunset’s cheek. “I was going to say thank you for standing up for me like that.”

Sunset smiled and squeezed Twilight’s hand again, blushing slightly. “How about we get those ice creams now?”

Next prompts are Social and Low

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6