Mother Luna 1,291 members · 187 stories
Comments ( 23 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 23

title: Nightmare mom

Tags: slice of life, AU

description: when the 1000 years was over Celestia was waiting on the return of the monster that was once her sister. she was waiting to protect Equestria and its ponies from eternal night and a tyrannical rule. she was waiting at the old castle to do everything in her power to weaken the nightmare to buy time for sunset shimmer to make friends and restore the elements. what she wasn't waiting on was her sister appearing with a foal and no intention of bringing eternal night.

details: the story follows Luna (not princess Luna) as she does everything to raise foal twilight sparkle as best she can. the story primarily focuses on Luna at first but shifts to twilight as she gets older at first it mostly deals with Luna trying to adjust to the modern era while being a single mother to a VERY powerful unicorn and shifts more to twilight dealing with that power and being the daughter of an alicorn

*Luna goes by her original name but has the physical appearance as nightmare moon (minus fangs and slit eyes they are still the same colour)

*her reason for not making eternal night is that it will put twilight in danger from those who don't want eternal night

*the reason's she rejects the title of princess is that it will make her too busy to take care of twilight and she doesn't want the noble's anywhere near her daughter (Celestia states that "they are just as cut throat now as they were then only less literal")

*twilight is substantially more powerful than in cannon but the reason for this is not directly due to her mothers nature as an alicorn even if it does play a part

*luna and twilight move into the library (sunset was in a hotel then gets her own place after moving) as a means of providing a home, catching up with modern equestria (she deals with the transition better than cannon luna but still makes mistakes) and as a source of income as the town librarian

*she does tend to show darker tendency's towards anyone who isn't twilight for example when rarity first asks if she can hold foal twilight luna only lets her after making it absolutely clear that she would reduce rarity to a smudge on the wall if she hurt twilight

*were as cannon luna disliked nightmare night this luna loves it and the point of that story is to get her to tone it down with the scary as she does a bit too good of a job

WRITE THIS STORY I WANT THIS I CANT FIND ANY STORY LIKE THIS>:pinkiegasp:

I just realized the only problem with this is she has the physical appearance of nightmare moon I think she should start turning into the luna we see in Luna Eclipsed.

sorry but i have always loved nightmare moons appearance and preferred her appearance over Lunas (luna is still best princess )

besides I'm still writing notes for this so it will be a couple of months at least before i even write the first chapter sorry:fluttershysad:

but any ideas you may have would be appreciated :pinkiehappy:

i should also make it clear that twilight is a unicorn in this story

3335184 Maybe nightmare moon shouldn't have lizard eyes and fangs.:trixieshiftright:

ok i will accept that suggestion and have already changed it

3335224 Good that may scare baby twilight :trollestia:

i should probably explain that

the spell holding Luna to the moon twisted time so that from Luna's side only 1 year had passed. a pony pregnancy lasts 10 months (give or take) and she became pregnant only a few days to a week before banishment. therefore twilight was born on the moon and spent anywhere between 1 and 2 months with Luna and only Luna so in baby twilight view it would be everypony else that is abnormal
infact part of the first chapter is twilight being adorably confused at the different pony races

Comment posted by Derpinat0r deleted Jun 4th, 2014

3335474 Can i have a preview when you are almost done?:rainbowkiss:

3335474 Will twilight look the same and if you have images of what they might look like can you show me?
:twistnerd:

Sounds interesting enough that I would give it a shot. I'm not sure if denying the title of princess will be enough to put a stop to nobles trying to rouse favors from her though or keep her daughter out of political intrigue, though.

what you have to understand is that she is still nightmare moon even if she goes by luna so she is not above more blatant methods of persuasion such as " i will teleport your heart to the moon not all of you just your heart"

Comment posted by Derpinat0r deleted Jun 6th, 2014

3340047 Well when you say

she was waiting to protect Equestria and its ponies from eternal night and a tyrannical rule. she was waiting at the old castle to do everything in her power to weaken the nightmare to buy time for sunset shimmer to make friends and restore the elements. what she wasn't waiting on was her sister appearing with a foal and no intention of bringing eternal night

It sounds like she has the form of nightmare moon but she has the brian of Luna :rainbowhuh: Because you said there that she saw her sister with a foal

read the second last bullet point

oh
i see where the confusion is i will try and correct that

Nah I got that and I do think that would work well. I was just pointing out that simply not accepting the title will stop almost no one. Violence as usual will solve that issue. As they say, if violence doesn't solve all your problems you just aren't using enough. (Also, that was meant as humor. I've been told that I come across as a bit acidic and harsh when I'm trying to be funny.)

sorry i just saw it as a valid opinion

3340120 The only thing the second last bullet point says is she shows to have darker tendencies to those who might not be twilight. Some people might the reason for that is because ponies never loved her as much as they loved celestia

I just realized wouldn't every pony hate "luna" since she is nightmare moon because she is not Luna :duck:

i never said she stopped hating Celestia and other ponies she just has something more important to deal with

twilight

That doesn't answer the question when i said

I just realized wouldn't every pony hate "luna" since she is nightmare moon because she is not Luna

So… how is that story going :unsuresweetie:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 23