The Official Superman Brony Fan Group! 52 members · 15 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

Like the title says, what made you a fan of Superman? What about this character made you like him? Is it is powers, morals, origin, stories, etc? For me, the biggest reason I like Superman is his morals. I've loved Superman ever since I first watched the animated show in the 90's. He feels like a guy that, if you met him randomly on the street, you could have a decent conversation with and who would help you if you were in a jam. People always call him the Big Blue Boyscout, but I fail to see why that's an insult. He is, simply put, a really nice guy, and isn't that the kind of person you'd want to have those powers? Someone who believes in the best humanity has to offer, and who would always be willing to give you another chance if you fucked up? Someone who is optimistic about our future, and won't go around blasting every criminal he sees with his heat vision.

Captain Lunar
Group Admin

1666842 This made me love Superman

The first movie I ever watched as a kid. I was 5 years old when my Dad rented it and I loved Superman ever since. It made me believe a man can fly!! :raritycry:

When the character really stood out for me was when I first read "Kingdom Come." I mean, I liked him before, but that was a book that made him even stronger, even more powerful -- and yet more vulnerable than a ton of kryptonite could have.

It made me see that he could be written in a way that his power comes not from the sun, but from his ideals, and that he wouldn't always come out on top just because he can bench-press battleships.

1666842 The morals, always. Truth be told, I wasn't a Superman fan for most of my life, but when I got older, I looked at the Marvel heroes I liked so much and Batman as well and thought 'Wow, these guys are seriously messed up', so then I looked for heroes I can try to look up to and identify with. I wanted a hero I can try to emulate, not relate to. So I went with Superman.

Superman, to me, represents an ideal. You take him and you see that he has the power to do all the good in the world, but he won't because he knows the value of us standing tall by ourselves. I mean, when you want to do the right thing, you don't ask yourself what Batman would do or what Spiderman would do. Batman would have you analyze every last outcome and Spiderman would say something stupid. Superman, though, makes you want to do the right thing. He makes you want to stand tall and say 'enough' when someone else is down or stand tall even when everyone says that you're wrong.

Superman is the man you WANT to be.

In the end, Superman IS.

Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

1666842 Well, I must admit that at First, I liked Batman a little better....then I saw the Animated Series. That singlehandedly made me a fan. It did such a wonderful job of making Clark a relateable character with real issues and problems, all while still maintaining a sense of optimism and wonder that is now sadly extinct in the DC Universe.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6