The Official Superman Brony Fan Group! 52 members · 15 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

For me, it would be Tim Daly. Growing up in the late 90's when I watched Superman The Animated Series, I was so familiar to the voice that Tim Daly had for Superman. Unlike George Newbern, I found Tim Daly to have the softer voice.

How about you guys?

Captain Lunar
Group Admin

1621156 I think George Newbern was better honestly. He had the kind of voice as Superman that had an air of power and kindness to it. I think the best scene that demonstrates this is my favorite scene in the DCAU period

1621156 Same here. Tim Daley is to Superman as Kevin Conroy is to Batman, but George Newbern was also really good. I also grew up with them, and to me, they both really nailed down what it means to be Superman.

Tim Daly, for me -- for what may seem an odd reason to some. He sounded more like an ordinary guy, which to me fit the DCAU personality for Supes.

That said, I liked both of them.

1621156 I never told the difference, personally :trixieshiftright:

Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

1621156 For me it was Tim Delay.

He just felt more like the kind of Superman who would save the world, and then take you out for coffee later and talk about last night's football game.

George Newborn did a great job though, but I must admit, that Superman was a little bit shaky at the beginning of Justice League (powered down and unsure of himself), but since then, he got right back to his awesome self.

I really felt Daly was a great Superman especially one filled with rage at Darkseid after he murdered Dan Turpin with his omega beams.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7