Button Belle 984 members · 213 stories
Comments ( 19 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 19
PresentPerfect
Author Interviewer

I want to do a reading of a story with Button Mash and Sweetie Belle. Doesn't have to be shipping, but I would prefer if they're the only speaking characters. Under 4k words is a must; I'd also suggest it be a comedy, or at least light-hearted. No sad or dark, please, and nothing rated higher than Teen.

Feel free to recommend your own story, because I'm going to be mocking it, essentially. :V And I'm only doing one, so expect disappointment.

Comment posted by socky_dude deleted Jun 10th, 2015

For me, the go-to story is The SweetieMash Chronicles. It's in progress, but it captures the essence of Button Mash perfectly. The CMC are as rambunctious as ever. Love Tap is insane. There's no question where Button gets his...from. The Mane Six don't appear. I think it's just a few chapters with Rarity and that's all.

OH jeez..... I thought you wanted to WRITE a story.... man i'm dumb.....

This IS 5k but it's cute and sweet.
Somepony New Day: My Player Two

PresentPerfect
Author Interviewer

If I get no other hits, I'll go with this, thanks. :)

Under 4k?! are you a sentient being. I couldn't force myself to read somthing that short anymore, my limit is 6k for one-shots and 80k for ongoing, and 20k for side stories, with a few exceptions from days gone past.
The Sweetiemash Chronocles is probably the best fic in the group, despite being not finished, it is a damn good story from a damn right amazing author

The Sweetiemash Chronocles is probably the best fic in the group, despite being not finished, it is a damn good story from a damn right amazing author

TRUE THA SHIZ BRUDER!!!!:rainbowwild:

But my limit for a one shot is 1000-2000 words. Ongoing stories should be past 50k and side stories should be 8000-10000. At least in my book. :twilightblush:

4451614 points taken, and *brohoof

PresentPerfect
Author Interviewer

When doing readings (I'm talking audiobooks, if that wasn't clear), wordage equals time. I can sight-read a 4k word story in minutes, voice-read it in a little bit more than that, but every minute of audio turns into 10-20 minutes in post-processing and editing, and that adds up quickly. And this is just gonna be a dumb little thing I do, so I don't wanna spend too long on it. :V

4454220 How about SwiftBolt? He's got 2 ButtonBelle stories...

PresentPerfect
Author Interviewer

I'll look him up!

4457280 He's done two ButtonBelle stories...

PresentPerfect
Author Interviewer

You mentioned that.

Unfortunately, one's 12k words long and the other is the sequel to that, so I won't be using his stories. :B

4458187 Oh okay, just a recommendation...

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 19