Isaac Asimov in MLP 36 members · 19 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3
Walabio
Group Admin

My favorite part of the Caves of Steel is the 0-residue food. ¡:yay:! ¡No more disgusting defecation! ChatGPT says that a 0-residue diet is not possible:

⸘Ŭalabio‽:

> "In the Robotic Novel "The Caves of Steel" by Isaac Asimov, people do not have to poop because they eat a 0-residue diet. ¿Is such a diet possible? ¿Would one stop defecating?"

ChatGPT:

In Isaac Asimov's science fiction novel "The Caves of Steel," the concept of a 0-residue diet is introduced. In the story, people consume a highly processed diet that supposedly leaves no residue, thus eliminating the need to defecate. However, it's important to note that this concept is purely fictional and not based on scientific reality.

In reality, it is not possible for humans to consume a 0-residue diet. Our bodies require a certain amount of fiber and other indigestible materials found in food, which contribute to the formation of stool. These indigestible components help regulate bowel movements, aid in digestion, and promote overall gastrointestinal health.

Fiber, for example, is an essential component of a healthy diet as it adds bulk to the stool, promotes regular bowel movements, and prevents constipation. It also plays a role in maintaining a healthy gut microbiome. Without an adequate intake of fiber and other necessary nutrients, digestive issues and health problems can arise.

So, in conclusion, a 0-residue diet that completely eliminates the need for defecation is not possible in real life. Our bodies require a certain amount of indigestible material for proper digestion and bowel movement regulation.

¡What a bummer! I really wanted a 0-residue diet and never having to defecate again to be true.

NachoTheBrony
Group Admin

Actually, the early versions of Soylent (https://soylent.com/) achieved almost zero defecation (like a really tiny turd, less than once a week, that was mostly just intestinal lining). Then, they added fibre (the current formula lists soluble corn fibre and cellulose).

Walabio
Group Admin

¡Ruining a perfectly good product for health! Besides, I prefer my Soylent to be pure people.*

* Soylent Green was set in the far future of last year. Yes, 2022:

¡Click Me!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3