The Underappreciated Story Society 830 members · 5,049 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2

This story is an HiE so if you have no interest in such things save yourself some time and do not read any further.

For those of you still reading this, I would like to direct your attention to The Unity Pact. It is my second big work but it does not have anywhere near the Likes that I want so I am requesting some folks to read it. It is a break off from the norm in HiE fics because of the following:

1. The number of Humans are FAR above the norm (as in hundreds)

2. There is no shared common language between the Humans and Ponies (they have to learn the language).

3. THEY DO NOT ARRIVE IN THE EVERFREE FOREST.

4. The main characters are not overpowered, infallible, all-knowing, nor are any of them going to fall in love within the first two chapters.

5. Massive world building elements (and half a language just to add additional flavor).

6. Although this story does have intimate moments (and I spare absolutely no details), they are rare and very slowly built up.

7. The VAST majority of character interaction is between original characters.

8. Pinkie Pie does not throw any parties (in this story) and Scootaloo is not adopted by anybody.

9. The Princesses make a metric shit-ton of mistakes.

10. There are no epic battles that only the lone hero can win.

If you are still interested, the story can be found here: The Unity Pact

(I've never used the Link function before so I hope I managed to use it properly.)

1. The number of Humans are FAR above the norm (as in hundreds)

Not a problem.

2. There is no shared common language between the Humans and Ponies (they have to learn the language).

THANK YOU!

3. THEY DO NOT ARRIVE IN THE EVERFREE FOREST.

Guessing that this is so common as to have become its own trope?

4. The main characters are not overpowered, infallible, all-knowing, nor are any of them going to fall in love within the first two chapters.

This fic just scored bonus points for this.

5. Massive world building elements (and half a language just to add additional flavor).

With this... you just won the interwebz! (Or a muffin, if you prefer.)

6. Although this story does have intimate moments (and I spare absolutely no details), they are rare and very slowly built up.

In other words, it remains focused on the story, and not the smexy times... this pleases me.

7. The VAST majority of character interaction is between original characters.

When done well, it will hold my interest just as well as if the interactions were between characters I know from the show.

8. Pinkie Pie does not throw any parties (in this story) and Scootaloo is not adopted by anybody.

Kill two Griffons with one spear... effective avoidance of an pair of overused tropes.

9. The Princesses make a metric shit-ton of mistakes.

As opposed to the standard fuck-ton of mistakes they normally make... I like this.

10. There are no epic battles that only the lone hero can win.

So, this is not a war fic...

(I've never used the Link function before so I hope I managed to use it properly.)

Yes, you did use it correctly, though I should mention to you that due to the story being a clopfic (as defined by the site rules, having both the 'Sex' and 'Mature' tags) you are in violation of the site's rules concerning the posting of mature content in a group thread. (Yeah, I agree, it makes no sense, but its knighty's rule... :facehoof: ) You could just make it a broken link by replacing the 'tt' with 'xx'. When you do that, kill the 'url' tagging. It will make it easier to copy the address.

Lastly, 235/41 is a decent ratio for an HiE fic. I would not call the story underappreciated with having over two hundred upvotes. It does catch my interest enough that I shall add this to my Read Later shelf.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2