Cyberpunk Equestria 496 members · 115 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5
Robipony
Group Admin

One thing that has dawned on me as I've been writing my cyberpunk story, Neo Somnambula, is that it is important to mention when music in playing in the background. When you play games like Cyberpunk 2077 and a few others, you will notice that the heavily populated areas and commercial areas have radios and music playing, so it's important to at least mention that there is music going on in the background of the story.

You don't necessarily have to come up with names for songs and bands (though that can be both fun/cool), but you should at least give the reader and idea as to the beat that is going on in the background. Is it upbeat? Is it heavy bass? Is it erratic? If you can describe how it sounds like, even if it's a bit vague, it will give the reader and idea of what's going on and their imaginations will fill in the blanks.

That's just a cool thought I had that I figured I'd share on her. I hope some of you find it useful. :twilightsmile:

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

That's actually one thing Cyberpunk 2077 did a great job on, having a ton of original music in various radio stations that you could tune into at any point. For as much flack as it gets, there were definitely some things it did right. If they'd waited a few more years to release it, it could've been great... :unsuresweetie:

--Sweetie Belle

Robipony
Group Admin

7822324 I still think it's a pretty good game, but yeah if they had waited at least another year it might have been better.

We were 55 years to early for Cyberpunk 2077 :disappointed emoji:

Robipony
Group Admin

7822336 disregarding the game, I think we can all agree that the music makes the atmosphere in Cyberpunk, especially in movies and games. And if there isn't any music that tells you something about the scene.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5