The Known World 327 members · 82 stories
Comments ( 23 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 23
Prince_Staghorn
Group Admin

Part 1
Part 2

Common Tsuchinoko

Able to jump at least 6 feet, Tsuchinoko are described as being between 30 and 80 centimeters in length, with a central girth that is much wider than its head or tail.

Rock Tsuchinoko

Also called the Beartrap Snake, this species of Tsuchinoko is unique for the poisonous barb on its tail.

Sea Tsuchinoko

an aquatic relative of the more common Tsuchinoko of Neighpon, the Sea Tsuchinoko often grows to a length of 5 feet.

Gliding Tsuchinoko

The largest of the tsuchinokos, the Gliding Tsuchinoko is also the most docile, with an attitude more akin to a dog than a snake.

Mimic Tsuchinoko

Similar to the common tsuchinoko, this species stands out for its ability to mimic a variety of sounds, including speech- admittedly strange considering that snakes as a whole are deaf, but then again snakes seem to have no trouble understanding when Parsletongues speak to them, so who knows?

Black Tsuchinoko

The rarest and most elusive of all Tsuchinoko.

NOZUCHI

Native to Neighpon, these blind, three-foot-long predators are not related to the Aztecophids, their unique integument simply being a result of convergent evolution.

Nozuchi make their homes inside of large trees, particularly on the tops of hills. They are slow movers, but, like the Hoop Snake of Equus, can curl up and roll to reach high speeds.

And of course there is rarer Startouched Tsuchinoko:

Prince_Staghorn
Group Admin

6321720 HOLY SHIT YOU KNOW ABOUT THE SERIES

I literally just started watching it yesterday

Why do you think I mentioned " worlds were animals become hominids due to volcanic fairy powder" yesterday? Currently watching Kemono Friends right, and wiki walking the series wiki.

Prince_Staghorn
Group Admin

6321791 I didn't know. I didn't discover it until AFTER you made that comment

Point, better late than never though. Poor CGI aside it is a damn good series

Prince_Staghorn
Group Admin

6321797 What basically happened in my brain when i discovered it (warning: turn down speakers):

*snort* Yeah I can see that. You may want to track down the manga as well, came out last week in the US

Prince_Staghorn
Group Admin

Good, good, let the Friends flow. One of us, One of us

Prince_Staghorn
Group Admin

6321808 already attempting to get 3 of my other friends interested

Just tell them to sit through at least two episodes. That's how I pretty much got hooked

Prince_Staghorn
Group Admin

6321827 At first i thought "maybe not my thing..."

[Suddenly a Cerulean appears]

"...let's see where this goes"

Yep, find out that it's not just moe and animals.

Prince_Staghorn
Group Admin

6321834 yis

Still, the fact that Sandstar also does a forced sex change on male animals is weird

It is a headscratcher, and one you shouldn't think too hard about. Frankly that ain't the strangest thing

And I suppose before we clutter this thread even more, we should move the gushing about the series to a PM

Prince_Staghorn
Group Admin

6321857 It's not like anyone really comments on these things after the first 30 minutes

Yep, this is the most comments on a thread in this group since July 9th, 2017

Well damn. So how long before the Friends end up in the Know World?

Prince_Staghorn
Group Admin

6321884 I'm not adding them

Animals (capital A) are already a thing that happens in areas with a high concentration of background magic, and magical experimentation can cause similar results.

This, in addition to the fact that many sapient races are just sapient versions of real-life animals, means that any explicitly Friend-like creatures wouldn't stick out as much as they do within the universe of Kemono Friends, since they'd basically be a redundancy

As they say on the interwebz, TSUCHINOKO REAL!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 23