The Known World 327 members · 82 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11
Prince_Staghorn
Group Admin

Hippogriffs are cousins of griffons and despite rumors are NOT the result of pony-griffon interbreeding, which in itself is an impossibility by normal means.

Hippogriffs are omnivorous, and are in fact capable of feasting on grass and other roughage as easily as any equine.

Lesser Hippogriff

While other griffin species tend to have heads with similarities to various predatory or scavenging birds (the Mayoor and Yappa being exceptions), Lesser Hippogriffs tend to converge more along the lines of insect and berry eating species, such as magpies and cardinals, though crow and raven-headed variants are not unheard of

Lesser Hippogriffs tend not to get much respect from griffins, and when present in griffon societies, they can often be found doing various menial jobs.

Common Hippogriff

The most frequently encountered type of Hippogriff, Common Hippogriffs don't get as much flak from griffons as their Lesser Hippogriff cousins. All that said, they are still mostly found living in their own townships and settlements across the world.

Greater Hippogriff

Rare and regal, Greater Hippogriffs are a mostly isolationist race, with their various kingdoms often going to great lengths to protect themselves if threats arise (Queen Novo of Hippogriffia showing the most extreme form of this policy).

The majority of Greater Hippogriffs are slow to trust outsiders, but once their trust has been earned, it is nearly impossible to lose.

Myriarch

The rarest of all Hippogriffs, Myriarchs are practically mythical entities, rarely seen and surrounded by legends, the most prominent being a passive ability to grant minor wishes. It is uncertain how many of these rumors are true.

I really love the greater hippogriffs, and will be using that race in my story, and hell now I'll even throw in Myriarchs, thanks for the idea Prince :)

Prince_Staghorn
Group Admin

6281991 for Greater Hippogriffs, i hope you've seen the movie

Yes, I know Greater Hippogriffs, and understand them very well I've seen the movie the week after it came out.

Now, tell me more about the rare hybrid bird.

The Myriachs

Prince_Staghorn
Group Admin

6282584 Well, they're only very rarely spotted, and when they ARE seen, something good usually happens to the person who's seen one. Someone looking for an adorable pet for their child or significant other may suddenly find a very friendly and adorable rabbit near them, for example. This has led to a small belief that Myriarchs either passively grant (minor) wishes just by existing, or else they just have an aura of good luck around them.

OOOOH, maybe one could be the mysterious stranger?

The mysterious wish-granting birdpone.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11