World Conquerers United 66 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 28 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 28
The_Master
Group Admin

So, this is the new forum for all our peaceful options toward the world and how we interact to it. Diplomatic brainstorming on foreign policy, new peaceful tech to spread for the benefit of the world, ect...

Let the Brainstorming Commence!

Comment posted by The_Master deleted Oct 4th, 2013

A big fucking cannon to point at their capital cities.
Cuz fuck diplomacy.

Welp. This thread went off the rails fast.

The_Master
Group Admin

1905097 Yeah, I'll fix it later. Just gotta get off my ass first.

Pinkamena and Pals
Group Contributor

So far, I'd say that we aren't looking too good on the diplomacy end of things :rainbowlaugh:

So, to help springboard any possibilities that won't involve putting our fancy, very nicely shined boot heels on any throats, or aiming our glorious doom cannons at our foes' faces...or shooting them with laser and/or rail guns...or chopping them to bits with swords...or anything else fun...

Hmm...I think I'll start with the thing I tossed out in a previous post: Spidertank Multi-faction.

Overall, the idea is to maintain the guild's anonymity and lack of presence as completely as possible, while working through separate agencies that each declare themselves supportive of the values of various opposing nations, ideologies, corporations, syndicates...everything. The G.I.B should be a myth, left to silly conspiracy theorists and tinfoil-hat aficionados. To the rest of the world, there wold only be a few more names, trademark symbols, and voices than there were before.

By working through these groups, we would be able to establish and strengthen report with numerous organizations, ultimately in the hopes of gaining leverage among their ranks and keeping an eye on them. The greatest problem I see with this idea, however, is that because these groups are meant primarily to appear to support other groups, many among them may actually become the mask, and truly side with them over us.

So far, my solutions to this issue are not foolproof. My crazy, wishful-thinking solution? Brain chips, removal of the agency of our sleepers and secret ambassadors. They could be convinced, or allowed to believe, that they are part of that organization, until we send the signal. Then, for as long as necessary, they endeavor to realize our great works :pinkiecrazy:

The_Master
Group Admin

So, Idea. For the whole starting out part before we set up shop in Africa. Maybe what if we buy an island instead? It will probably cost less than building an offshore platform. Like, in the tens of millions instead of the hundreds of millions. Also with the added bonus of other nations probably taking us more seriously seeing as are landbound instead of being seen as another wannabee billionaire and his friends who wants to have their own country. Not to mention we could set up a resort and have a bitchin' tourist industry.

The_Master
Group Admin

Also, neat thing I just wanted to bring up. Vertical farming. Heard of it, haven't, old, new, whatever. I want to try it.
Vertical farming.

List of related technologies. They're on the first page, but just for ease of transit I'll put them here also.

Greenhouse
Folkewall
Areoponics/Hydroponics/Aquaponics
Composting
I think this one's important. Grow light
Phytoremediation
This we have down pat. Skyscraper
Controlled-environment agriculture

The_Master
Group Admin

And while we're on the subject of food, I'll bring this up too. In lieu of farming, technology has brought us the option of doing away with food altogether.

Soylent.

This new food substitute won't replace "normal" food completely. The Idea of food is a concept far too ingrained in human culture to be replaced by a simple supplement. Celebrations, livelihoods, careers and businesses, even I'm sure entire empires have risen and fallen around the culinary arts. It is a science as well as an art, and heavily tied in with human culture. But as far as efficiency in certian industries,(Feeding astronauts, reducing military logistics, ect...) it's certianly groundbreaking.

The_Master
Group Admin

1962521 Founding multiple false organisations to support certain things and carry out our plan in pieces sounds definitely worth looking into. I think it would be an amazing defensive move to slander our own name and spread knowledge of our existence far and wide in such a way that the mere mention of the guild will become a household synonym for "ridiculous", or "Unlikely to happen" in the same way the name Einstein became associated with genius.

Pinkamena and Pals
Group Contributor

Considering the pricing, and the fact that an island would probably be a better starting point than a platform in terms of developing a sustainable area, I think this works.

We will be the new Babylon! :flutterrage:

If it's possible to have plants simultaneously outperform mechanical filters and provide food, we will certainly have a good start.

...:trixieshiftleft:...:trixieshiftright:...:twistnerd: :twilightsmile:
I think I'm going to have to try this out.

If we could get the guild to that level of disarming outside attention or care...:ajsmug::coolphoto:

The_Master
Group Admin

1968273 Ah yes, the gardens of babylon. They truly would have been a sight to see wouldn't they? Which brings me to another aspect for endgame, or possibly quite sooner.

I want to reconstruct the wonders.

They were important parts of several parts of world history and they were completely awesome to boot. I think having several mass construction projects dedicated to rebuilding/reconstructing would also do "Wonders" for our cultural image and foreign relations resume.

Okay, I'll go sit in the corner for that pun now.

Pinkamena and Pals
Group Contributor

I believe that there should be plans to make a super-headquarters comprising the best parts of all the wonders at some point down the road. That might only be because it would be awesome, but I think it would explain itself pretty well to onlookers :rainbowdetermined2:

I will say though, restoring historic and cultural artifacts like that would definitely establish considerable renown. And for some reason, this line of wonder-thought has me getting 20s vibes :rainbowderp:

The_Master
Group Admin

2008282 Just imagine, even the mighty pyramids have fallen from grace. Sparkling white, and tipped with solid gold. A shining beacon of wealth and prestige bathing the entire world in it's artistic grandure. And that's just the great pyramid! There's still the colossus, the gardens, the temples; If aliens ever come to earth and ask if we humans are more than just warmongering animals, if we have anything to contribute to the galaxy, if we can really make something grand, we need go no further than point them towards the wonders.

I believe that there should be plans to make a super-headquarters comprising the best parts of all the wonders at some point down the road.

I'm afraid I don't understand. Care to elaborate? What do you mean by, "A super headquarters comprising the best parts of all the wonders", like a museum?

Pinkamena and Pals
Group Contributor

I nearly forgot the prospect of aliens. It would be interesting to see their response.

Considering my last comment and your question, a museum is always nice, and more of them probably couldn't hurt, but I had meant that there should be a single, massive monument made to top them all. If it were possible, I'd also say it should become a sort of base of operations (this may not be a good idea). Thinking on the museum angle, it could house all sorts of examples of human cultural and technological achievements, or possibly act as a global embassy. Or it could just be a giant mall :rainbowlaugh:

The_Master
Group Admin

2012996 My idea for restoring them went more along the lines of actually going around the world and rebuilding them using the same architectural techniques they used to originally build them. Or possibly slightly more advanced methods in cases like the colossus(Statue of liberty style), as to protect them from earthquakes and such. But above all else we will preserve the original works, and not pervert them with adding new Ideas and technology to it. We will try to stay as close to the originals as possible.

The idea of combining them all into one super monument, while I am not condemning it as "bad," sounds a little too, "Vegas" for me. Perhaps we can have a human culture museum, with a wing dedicated to going over ancient architectural feats, with the wonders being the center of attention.

Mmm..I've been thinking...

On the diplomacy..I won't lie, we suck.

We are a bit too tilted towards war in this...

...In my opinion...Why carry a gun when a loaf of bread will do the same?

We need to be PEACEFUL for this to work.....And i've noticed alot of..trigger-happy in the group.

Pinkamena and Pals
Group Contributor

I may not have specified, but I had no intention of doing anything to disturb the wonders themselves. Because of what they are, and how they were made, it would be best to rebuild them with minimal alterations. They're the biggest and most valuable antiques I can imagine, so it's best to do only what is certain to restore them, if anything truly can. For those that no longer exist, I'd say recreating them with what technological improvements there are is definitely the way to go, unless a perfect replica is better.

With the super-monument thing, I had meant to make something entirely from scratch. The wonders themselves shouldn't be touched in order to make it, if that was how it sounded. Monument voltron wasn't what I was trying to go for :derpytongue2:

With the Vegas-ness though: I've always liked the epic, and the idea of creating a huge monument strikes me as something that demands a bit of opulence, as well as being inherently showy. Each of the wonders required a great deal of resources to make, and while they aren't glitzy, they certainly stand out. To that extent, I think it should be like something from vegas, but only as much as any of the actual wonders. Vegas is pretty grody, after all. I hadn't meant to conjure up anything like that for this. If a monument like this were built, it should not be made as a pale imitation, but as something worthy of standing among the great. Ideally, it would demonstrate the full extent of technological, architectural, artistic, cultural beauty and genius that humanity is capable of creating in a single form. What that would look like though, well...I couldn't quite say. I have my visions, but it would need the world's consensus.
The idea is just wishful thinking on my part :pinkiecrazy:

Pinkamena and Pals
Group Contributor

I ran across something a bit ago, and felt it might belong here. some ideas :raritystarry:
The potentials for 3D printers are simply fascinating :rainbowkiss:

The_Master
Group Admin

2046983 And that's exactly what this thread is for. Every idea will have it's place.

Not to say blowing shit up isn't immensely amusing though...

We are humans after all, we make orks, klingons and krogans look like advocates for galactic peace.

But back to the subject at hand.

2049560 3D printers are awesome, just look at this. P.S. love the new avatar :raritywink:

The_Master
Group Admin

2046983 2049560

I found some more fun things to integrate into the society of the future.

The world will run on rainbows...

And our glory shall stretch to the far corners of the earth...

To last forever and ever...

..Can we still have mecha? I know i'm going the peace route but...I just want to take one out for some target practice..

The_Master
Group Admin

2120367 Oh hell yes. It's already on the wish list my friend.

Pinkamena and Pals
Group Contributor

I'm not sure what happened to the video, but I did manage to get it before it turned into a server error. I'm surprised the technology was able to be scaled up so soon after it appeared, and the potentials for this are baffling. With the ability to customize the design schematics, houses could become ideal for their environments, as well as allowing the designer/occupants to make the building a work of art. Not to mention the use this could have for disaster relief. With enough of them, entire towns could be rebuilt, more resilient than before, in a matter of days. It might not undo the deaths that take place, but reestablishing proper habitation so quickly would be sure to help prevent any further deaths, and alleviate some suffering.

Also, there isn't much to this yet, as it's fairly nascent, but there are efforts to create 4D printing as well :rainbowhuh::rainbowderp::pinkiecrazy:

Also, Thank you! I'll probably bring back the socks in due time :rainbowlaugh:

Black Hole-esque light eating solar panels...my dreams...they spoke of this! May the great energy maw come upon us! :pinkiecrazy: And finally, earth will have its electric bloodstream! With these, once the supercapacitors reach a marketable state, I imagine that an energy crisis will become the last thing on humanity's mind. I hope they are put to good use quickly.

The_Master
Group Admin

2194560 There is too much glorious science on better energy sources to post separately so I'm just going to leave this link here to stop all this madness before there's too much clutter.

Popular science: Energy

Also, 4D printing?:rainbowhuh: I need to investigate this further...

Pinkamena and Pals
Group Contributor

The first thing I see when I go to the site: a device that could harvest energy from wi-fi/satellite signals :raritystarry:
I'm just going to go over here and plug my brain into the machine for a little bit :twilightsmile:

Ah, also, if you haven't seen it yet, there is a TED talk on 4D printing as well.

The_Master
Group Admin

2048881 So what you suggest is that we create an entirely new monument? Using the most advanced architectural and technological capabilities available to the human race? I think I understand what you were referring to before. It would become a cultural hotspot, a piece of art that would truly express the human race. A massive shining, towering obelisk that conveys who we are, what, we are. I can see it, and it would be beautiful.
:raritystarry:

The_Master
Group Admin

BROTHERS AND SISTERS THIS IS THE GREATEST THING I HAVE SEEN IN THE HISTORY OF EVER!!!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 28