Film Lovers 38 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

I watch movies to be entertained. that's what they are supposed to do. Sadly, this means that I don't really watch movies that much, because they just aren't really that fun. the last movie that I saw in theaters was Lone survivor, and it was good. a bit clunky, but good. but was it really entertaining to watch four poor guys die for an hour on a 70 ft screen. No. most of the movies that I go to are well acted, well thought-out, well shot, but they're lacking in something.

But today I decided to watch "The Lego Movie."

It's doing very well on Rotten Tomatoes, a 96%, but going off of the trailers I didn't expect much.

And I was so wrong.

Go watch "The Lego Movie". As soon as you possibly can. It's wonderful, in every way. it's gut-bustingly funny, it's smarter than it has any right to be, emotional and poignant at times, and with a great message for children and adults alike. It's wonderful to look at.

It's original, devoid of any tropes or common story-lines or anything like that. at no point in the movie could I really guess what was going to happen next because it's just so manic, and I love it for doing that. I'm sick of "Frozen's" and formula movies like that, only being different from others by a change of cast.

It's the best movie that I've seen in I-have-no-clue-how-long. It's definitely in the top five of my favorite animated movies. Art movies may come and get their awards, their "ohhhh, what a great performance by _____________", their praise for direction. F' em. This movie about bricks has more heart, more wit, more to say, and more to enjoy then any of those.

Does this praise seem excessive? Maybe, go see the movie and see if I'm right. This is the kind of movie that needs to succeed the most. one that's original, Intelligent, emotional, unpredictable, hilarious,unique.

Go to "The Lego Movie", and I can guarantee you this.

You will have fun.

2807336 Saw it and I loved it. It's a great movie for all ages. "Everything is Awesome" is the perfect way to describe it. :rainbowkiss:

2808147 Great! this movie is so good that I think I want to do some analysis on it tomorrow, and dissect why this product based movie is so cosmically better than any other one that I've ever seen.

2808230 Yeah. It's like "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" and "Wreck It-Ralph" in terms of product placement. The intent is to promote different popular LEGO sets, using the trademark LEGO humor that the franchise has become famous for. And they even filmed in CGI stop motion, similar to a lot of fan made stop motion shorts.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4