Film Lovers 38 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5
Herrpface
Group Admin

Well, on the basis of today's date, I think it's fair that we start talking about something horror-related.

In your opinion, what are the film scenes that gave you chills, and probably still do?

For me personally, one obscure contender goes out to Donnie Darko. Specifically, the first scene with Frank.

I know that Donnie Darko isn't really a scary film, but this moment really gave me chills the first time I saw it. It's pretty atmospheric, the sound quality is extremely vivid, Frank's appearance is somewhat obscure, and I had no idea what I was going to get while watching it. It doesn't really creep me out that much anymore, but I digress.

Then there's Wait Until Dark. (Beware of Spoilers)

All I can say is that this is one of the few moments that made me scream in horror while watching it the first time.

Well, the one scene in the movie, Squirm, where the room is filled with the man-eating worms, kinda put me off my Spaghetti dinner. (I was 6 when I watched it)
(cannot find a clip for that)

In The Gates of Hell, the scene where the rats were eating the guy's brains... we took it as a sign when Gary's cat fainted.
(I cannot find the clip for that scene either)

The one scene from a movie that did give me nightmares was when the nukes came down in the movie The Day After. That scene, so horribly done by today's standards, scared the motherloving shit out of me! :twilightoops:
[youtube=7VG2aJyIFrA]

Herrpface
Group Admin

When I was a kid, it was Indiana Jones with the opening of the ark. I was so scared by the head-shrinking part that I turned away before the face melting scene appeared.

2068386 Now THAT scene was quite well done. My mom and I spent days after swapping face melting jokes after watching that :pinkiecrazy:

The scariest scene for me is in "aliens", when ripley and newt are stuck in the room with the two facehuggers. facehuggers already scare the hell out of me, but in this scene a lot of it is just buildup, making you sweat it out as you wonder where they're at.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5