RP R us 94 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4
Craterfist
Group Admin

The sun was high in the sky, casting dry light down on the desert plains. A woman was walking the shifting sands, looking down at a map as she walked. She was dressed in a scarf, a pair of goggles, and a grey trench coat with some clothes underneath. She wore a pair of hiking boots, and her long black hair flowed behind her as she walked. She didn't seem bothered by the heat or blowing sands, nor by the heavy backpack she wore.

Alongside the woman, to her left and slightly behind, a male in a grey duster walked with a brown hood pulled over his head; the man's pale skin likely would not have taken well to the desert, and even what little was exposed through his fingerless grip gloves was already feeling far more hot than was comfortable.

"You sure we're actually going to find anything here? Because I remind you I expect you to pay up even if you only find piles of sand." Shikaree reminded Silence, though he knew she wouldn't answer him verbally. "Maybe I should've charged by the hour..." He mumbled to himself, his rucksack making clanking noises as he walked from the equipment inside it.

Craterfist
Group Admin

The woman waved her hand dismissively, leading him over another sand dune. There, in the valley of the dunes, was a small well. Just sitting there, next to a bush. The woman folded up the map and put it into her pocket, then slid down the dune, down to the well. She took off her backpack and dug some rope out, tying it around the base of the stone well. The inside of the well was dry and dark. The woman threw the rope down and gave it a few good tugs to make sure it was secure. She offered the rope to Shikaree, almost in a teasing manner. She meant to play off the expression "Ladies first".

Craterfist
Group Admin

[We still doing this?]

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4