RP R us 94 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 35 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 35
bjornicorne
Group Admin

Nox is shadeporting all over Equestria, enjoying the nightime sights, he has jet black hair, pale white skin, silver cat eyes lined with gold, long spindly fingers, and a tall, painfully thin body that seems as if a pebble could shatter it, he has his pet crow Thanatos perched on his shoulder, the bird has black feathers bordered by crimson red, one silver eye, and one gold eye, this is Nox's story

Shackle leapt lightly from crypt to crypt, keeping his eyes peeled for... well he would've said intruders but who in the hay cared enough to break into a public graveyard at night anyway? With a shrug he tried to fix his old fashioned formal wear back into place, ruffles showing around the neck.

With a sigh, at the thought of another boring night, he lay himself down on the hill that took up the south of the graveyard and lay down to enjoy the stars, the light breeze blowing through his bones pleasantly.

Having no skin sometimes had advantages.

bjornicorne
Group Admin

1604862 Nox appears next to him, visiting the graves of the ponies and offring his nocturnal respects

"If you would mate, this graveyard is off limits in nocturnal hours except to those who have loved ones entombed here." Shackle wasn't sure exactly how the intruder would react to seeing a pony skeleton in an old fashioned suit asking him to get out but he had to imagine it would be a rather odd occurrence.

bjornicorne
Group Admin

1605167 Nox turned to him "I mourn the dead of my kind, buried in the darkness of the coffins..." Nox holds his hand out, and Thanatos lands on his hand "Do not worry, I know what it is like to be an oddity, I will not judge you..."

"That might've been comforting if I cared about oddness or believed that it could apply to me... I'm too weird to be odd." The skeleton spoke very fast, almost as if it was constantly being distracted by a different train of thought every second. "And no, you do not; this cemetery is for the families of Canterlot only. I highly doubt you are part of them." Shackle said with a look over Nox; clearly if he had eyebrows to raise he would.

bjornicorne
Group Admin

1605312 Nox laughed through the shadowspeakers "Who do you think managed the darkness before Luna, or when she was banished? That respnsibility fell to my people."

"Hardly my friend. The responsibility lay with Celestia always, you might've been kinda like the coaster and Celestia was the teacup, or no wait would Luna then be the table? Wouldn't you be the table because you shouldn't be above either of them but Luna was trapped in the moon so I guess she was above both of you so maybe she'd be the cup-" The skeleton seemed to get utterly lost in his tangent, though how much was genuine and how much was ruse wasn't clear because he used the time to click the padlock shut to the other sections of the graveyard.

bjornicorne
Group Admin

1607956 Thanatos caws dersively, and Nox chuckles at his familiars comment "You are aware my people LIVE in shadows, right? I can just walk anywhere in here through the darkness" Nox fades into the darkness, then rises on the other side of the gate

"I rather doubt that." With an effect rather like a rubber band the shadows engulfed Nox and spat him out, back outside the gate where he had initially stood. "I might be caretaker but do you think the Princesses would leave an important graveyard guarded by nothing but these old bones." Shackle derided. "Hardly. Luna's magic guards this place... if I don't want you to get in, and I don't, Luna's magic will ensure you don't." Shackle picked up a broom from where he had lay and slung it over his shoulders, walking over to a large, clean crypt that had what anypony could've recognised as Vinyl Scratch records coming from it.

bjornicorne
Group Admin

1608334 Nox shrugged and went to pray for the happiness of his deceased ancestors "May the void accept you in its warm embrace..."

"I kinda doubt your family's in there mate!" Shackle called, sitting on the steps of the Crypt now with a small journal that he was writing in. "Nopony in here but Canterlot Nobility and the Royal Family. There's a reason they keep this place locked up tight." He added.

bjornicorne
Group Admin

1608471 Nox sighed "Would you like me to prove they are there?"

"Go ahead, save me time digging for their remains to move to another burial site, this graveyard's for Royalty and Nobles only." Shackle remarked nonchalantly. "If they're in here then they are breaking the law even in death, though not breaking the laws of death I guess, are there laws of death, would one be like 'don't die again'?" Shackle rambled.

bjornicorne
Group Admin

1615187 Nox chuckled "Actually, the first rule of death is to stay dead" Nox released the illusions hiding the shadewalkers necropolis, the architecture is obviously pre Celestian, and statues of various shadewalker nobles are apparent "Now do you believe me when I say that not only were we the table, but we were the whole tea set?"

"Hardly." Shackle remarked, barely looking at the illusions. "Frankly you weren't a tea set, you look rather like a rickety old coffee table to me." He began noting down the location of the Necropolis. "Now kindly leave that up just a few more moments... and done, now the Guards will be along tomorrow to remove that unauthorised structure, you want it moved or demolished. Or demolished then moved? Or maybe we could move it then demolish it if you feel like it?" Shackle said, rambling again as he rolled the scroll and sealed it.

bjornicorne
Group Admin

1616248 Nox actually chuckles "No need, I will move it" the entire necropolis sinks into Nox's extending shadow "I may look like a rickety tea set, but I hide the greatest leaves..." Nox turns and walks away, noting that he should not of thought so highly of the ponies, as they obviously had no respect for the dead, or the dark

"Thanks, I'd've called it an eyesore but since you couldn't see it I guess I'll just call it a nuisance that's gone now." Shackle remarked, leaping effortlessly over the pointed fence of the graveyard to tend to some of the gravestones, clearing away dead flowers and sweeping dirt away.

bjornicorne
Group Admin

1616364 Nox decided he disliked the skeleton "At least he's not trying to eat me..." Nox rests atop a statue of Queen Solaris while making shadows dance, waiting until he can think of a new place to put the necropolis "Maybe Ponyville...the purple unicorn seems to lie ruins..."

"That ain't funny mate." The skeleton called. "Pray tell exactly how would I eat you, I haven't got a stomach. So it would be less eating and more just kinda ineffectual biting wouldn't it?" He remarked as he tugged at a particularly stubborn weed. "Also I reckon your ego might give me indigestion." He grunted as the weed finally came loose, dropping it into the nearest of his bin bags and proceeding to dust the headstone he had pulled it from in front of.

bjornicorne
Group Admin

1616436 Nox shrugged "Not my fault that meat eating seems to be a side effect of most reanimations, most undead I have met have tried to either eat me, or stab me in the face" Nox makes an exact copy of Shackles doing the skeleton dance while Thanatos flew over to the tombstone and looked shackles in the eye sockets "You...funny...me...like..."

"Gee, never seen that one before. You know for someone so mighty and powerful and self important you don't seem to have a lot to do, whereas some of us actually try and do some good." Shackle remarked, moving Thanatos out the way to dust off the final pieces of dust before moving on to a Crypt and riffling through his keys for the right key to the gate. "Also, no, most undead are actually perfectly pleasant ponies, your thinking of zombies... two very different things."

bjornicorne
Group Admin

1616509>>1616509 Nox chuckles "Luna took my job, I mostly just scare ponies now, ever hear of slendermane? I invented him" Nox focuses and an image of slendermane appears "I'll say two things about those ponies, they are gullible, and they gossip like mad, oh, and I plan to scare the guards inn the morning, it will be hilarious commupance for the disrespect to the dead!"

"Congratulations, you invented a tale that fails to scare fillies anymore, how proud you must be." Shackle drawled as he examined the crypt for any problems, standing on a stone bench to inspect the ceiling. "I would ask why it's always the most pathetic arses who get power but hey, I'm defying to laws of death over here, I can't complain." He jumped down off the bench and picked up his bag. "Also, no, Luna didn't take your job; you don't have a job. You aren't some mighty Alicorn Princess, you aren't a spirit God of Chaos, you aren't a mighty scholar, a legendary magician or even an impressive member of the guard... you're a lost, waste of power with no purpose or goals."

Shackle marched past Nox, straight through the image of Slendermane and opened his crypt; the interior looked much more homely, with an armchair visible. "Look at it this way Nox; might it be time to look for a purpose when the dead pony has more life than you?" He asked before closing his door.

bjornicorne
Group Admin

1616603 Nox put the statue of Solaris in front of his crypt door and replanted all of the rooted weeds, doubling their previous hold
[If Shackles is going to act like a... pelvis... so will Nox]

The weeds around the graveyard simply refused to be replanted, fading away into nothingness as soon as they hit the ground. Weeds that Shackle had not removed remained but those he had taken it seemed would not be returned.

[Shackle acts like a prick because he knows Nox's type, egotistical and full of themselves, and he likes to mess them around. Besides Nox is already acting like a douche, this isn't a change.]

bjornicorne
Group Admin

1616670 [...I wonder how a feminine hygene product came to be an insult for men...] Nox drew a masterful picture of Shackles saying 'I touch little colts' and ported to Ponyville
[I actually made him to explain how their was night before Luna, and who made her dark canvas, want to RP Twily?]

By the next morning Shackle was out and about again among the graves, giving directions, sweeping dust and doing general repairs. It wasn't hard to tell who was a regular at the graveyard and who wasn't; while some ponies greeted Shackle likes an old friend and some doffed their hats to him, others looked petrified and refused to get within ten feet of him, waiting for him to move on before approaching a grave.

Shackle, for his part, didn't seem to mind either way.

bjornicorne
Group Admin

1621380 Nox was waiting in his necropolis, bored as he awaited the arrival of a curious ponyvillian "Come on...I wanna give a tour!"

Shackle, sweeping up near a crypt that held the remains of a famous member of the Night Guard, got a big surprise as, with a flash of light, a pony appeared before him, towering over the skeleton. If he had skin to jump out of he probably would've done so.

bjornicorne
Group Admin

1624639 Nox just lied around, shadiwporting boredly around to see if there were any curious ponies about

[Actually no... aside from the fact that that's GMing to just take control of someone elses character, it wasn't the Guard appearing, it was supposed to be Luna.]

bjornicorne
Group Admin

1676994 [I'm sorry, I misunderstood the post, I'll edit, again sorry, I thought it was an invite to RP as a filler oc]

Shackle bowed to the Princess of the Night once he realised who it was teleporting in, grateful he hadn't instinctively tried to remove her or any other actions that would most likely see him vaporised. Luna knelt before the statue and murmured a quiet speech, Shackle dutifully turning away so he couldn't make it out, before rising again to face Shackle.

"The usual affair your majesty?" Shackle asked, gesturing toward his crypt.

bjornicorne
Group Admin

1677067 Nox finallysees a lavender pony entering the crypt followed by five other mares and ports over to them "Welcome to the Shadewalkers necropolis!"

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 35