Forum Games 9 members · 1 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

You are Trick Or Treat, the only pony in your school who still has no cutie mark. From your love and all things spooky you just know it must be related to something Nightmare Nightish. Perhaps if you Nightmare Night hard enough, collecting all the candy by yourself, you'll finally get the cutie mark of your dreams!

But beware, Flutterbat is on the loose this year and Twilight's latest attempt to 'cure' her has caused her to lust for candy instead of apples! Get as much candy as you can from each street, but know that the longer you stay on each street the more likely Flutterbat will find you.

Rules are as follows-

-Open a door to anything other than Flutterbat and get 1 point.
-Open a door to Flutterbat and you LOSE five points and must move on to the next block. Each street has one Flutterbat unless stated otherwise.
-Each street has a special rule which is detailed in parenthases after the flavor text. These rules apply to that street only.

Stirrup Street.

The first street stands before you. This one should be pretty straightforward, a good warmup for the night ahead. The only problem with this street is that Colgate lives on this block, and she gives out toothpaste instead of candy. Who gives out toothpaste for Nightmare Night? You already have toothpaste! Everypony already has toothpaste!

(Colgate's house is worth 0 points.)
House 1
House 2
House 3
House 4
House 5
House 6
House 7
House 8
House 9
House 10
House 11

QUESTION: Did you find Colgate's house?

IF you did, then you've aquired the following Legendary Item!

Legendary Item – ordinary toothpaste. You noticed, by watching the other foals, that Flutterbat dispises the sent of mint! Sadly, you have no mint candy, but this toothpaste might be able to keep her away, or at least buy enough time to escape with all your candy. You'll only be able to use it once, though, because really who reuses their toothpaste?

(The next time you run into Flutterbat you can use (1) toothpaste. You won't lose the five points but will have to leave that street.)

If you DID NOT find Colgate, then you DO NOT have any toothpaste.

Twilight's Castle

Twilight set it up so you can go Nightmare Nighting door to door inside of the castle. You figure this should be a safe bet! After all, it's a castle so Flutterbat shouldn't be able to get in there. On the other hoof, if Flutterbat does get inside you'll have nowhere to run. You're either lulling yourself into a false sense of security or being paranoid over nothing...

(Flutterbat might not even be behind any of these doors. In fact she probably isn't! …probably.)

Door 1
Door 2
Door 3
Door 4

A filly about your age, dressed as a witch, stands before you.

You know this one, her name is Buckled Shoes. You notice that Buckled is surrounded by toothpaste! You ask her if maybe you can borrow some, but she just laughs. Apparently, Buckled knows about the toothpaste's power.

She's wiling to give you some, but only in exchange for candy. Specifically five pieces of candy per tube. You do the math and realize that you'd just be breaking even at that price. Buckled just cackles and says something about 'survival of the fittest'. You're not inviting her to your next birthday party.

(As many times as you want, you may subtract five points from your score to aquire one roll of toothpaste. Each one will protect you from losing candy to Flutterbat ONCE. You may not go into negative points.)

Grand Pony Bullivard

This is the street Pinkie lives on! She always gives out the absolute best candy every year. Only problem is you don't remember which house is hers. You note that you should try to find her before moving on.

(Pinkie Pie is worth seven points)

House 1
House 2
House 3
House 4
House 5
House 6
House 7
House 8
House 9
House 10
House 11

You're on your way to the next block when you see it. One of those houses!

A bowl sits in front of you with a sign on it that reads 'take only one or the ghost will get you!!!'. You are skeptical filly and don't believe in ghosts, but Flutterbat is a different matter. You can try taking more than one, but the more you take the more likely you'll draw Flutterbat to this very spot!

(Pick a number below (as in only one). If you see a pumpkin, you get that number of points. If you see Flutterbat you lose 5 points instead. Eitherway move on to the next block after one pick.)

1 piece of candy
2 pieces of candy
3 pieces of candy
4 pieces of candy
5 pieces of candy
6 pieces of candy
7 pieces of candy
8 pieces of candy
9 pieces of candy
10 pieces of candy
Take Celestia's head.

Main Street.

This is where all the stores are and all the rich ponies in town live on the blocks nearby! You'll get plenty of candy on this block! But all the candy will likely draw Flutterbat to this street more than any other. You think you already see her flying around, but maybe that's your imagination.

(Each house is worth two points on this street! But Fluttershy is behind more than one house... if you have any toothpaste left, you can keep playing until you choose to stop or run into Flutterbat after using all your toothpaste.)

House 1
House 2
House 3
House 4
House 5
House 6
House 7
House 8
House 9
House 10
House 11

Congratulations! You may or may not have gotten your cutie mark depending on your score! I dunno how much is reasonable to expect yet, so...

Thank you very much for the feedback!

I am curious if you would have bought any toothpaste if it only cost 4 or 3 points, though.

This version's pretty fun.

Stirrup Street - 4 pieces of candy, no toothpaste or Flutterbat.
Twilight's Castle - All four pieces of candy
Decided not to give anything to Buckled Shoes, as I was doing pretty good.
Grand Pony Bullivard - Nine pieces! (I found Pinkie Pie)
Candy Bowl - One piece.
Main Street - I immediately found Flutterbat.

So that's thirteen pieces of candy total, which isn't too bad!

--Sweetie Belle

Candy Bowl - One piece.

Wah! So moral!

Thanks for playing. It seems like no one had any trouble with these rules, which is a good thing.

You're buying confidence! With said toothpaste you can open doors till you run into Flutterbat without fear. Or at least that was supposed to be the idea.

I think I might lower it to 4 points, cause I kind of want it to be something you're not sure about but might be tempted to do. Guess if I can think of something else for her to sell, I could go with that too, but there's only so many power-ups you can get in such a game. But either way, Buckled Shoes stays and that's final! There's no getting rid of that kid.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7