Forum Games 9 members · 1 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10

The following is a work in progress for a Halloween forum game I'm making. Feedback would be nice.

You are Flutterbat! All the other ponies don't understand what it's like being a vampire fruit bat pony, so you've decided to turn them into your vampire minions, maybe taking over Equestria in the process.
-Open doors to turn ponies. If you see a bat pony, that pony is now your minion.
-Gather low tier ponies to be able to go after higher tier ones. The number of ponies under the tier is the number needed to open the doors from that tier.
-If you open a door with a non-bat pony, you get some number of strikes. Get four and it's game over.

Ponies that give you strikes-

Derpy- this isn't literally Derpy Hooves. This is a metaphore for you making a horrible mistake and having no idea what went wrong, tipping ponies off to your plot. If you get an image with a non-bat Derpy, give yourself one strike. (NOTE: Derpybat will be removed later. She does not remove strikes)

Non-bat ponies- If you open any other picture without a bat pony in it, then that means the pony in question has found out that you are a vampony. Give yourself two strikes. HOWEVER, if the pony in picture has already been turned to the bat side then you get no strikes, and if you turn the pony that has given you the strikes then you can remove the strikes they gave you.

-Tier 4 contains the four princesses. Turn them all and become vampire queen of Equestria! Watch out, though, every other door contains a non-bat making this a risky place to go before you've amassed your forces.

Hint: The non-bat version of a pony always appears one tier up from the turned version of them. This means that the longer you spend on one tier, the safer the next will be. Also, if you're looking to remove strikes then you chance to do so will be one tier down.

Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4
(need 3 Ponies) (need 6 Ponies) (need10 Ponies)
Door 1A Door 1B Door 1C Door 1D
Door 2A Door 2B Door 2C Door 2D
Door 3A Door 3B Door 3C Door 3D
Door 4A Door 4B Door 4C Door 4D
Door 5A Door 5B Door 5C Door 5D
Door 6A Door 6B Door 6C Door 6D
Door 7A Door 7B Door 7C Door 7D
Door 8A Door 8B Door 8C Door 8D
Door 9B Door 9A Door 9C Door 9D
Door 10A Door 10B Door 10C Door 10D
Door 11A Door 11B Door 11C Door 11D
Door 12A Door 12B Door 12C Door 12D
Door 13C Door 13D .
Door 14C

The strikes thing is a little confusing. Just mainly I think the rules could be a little clearer. At first I was looking for rules on when you could advance tiers, too...

Also, what if a picture has both a vampony and a pony in it? Does a bat!Derpy cancel all the Derpy strikes?

And wouldn't the most logical thing to do be to get all the bat ponies on tier 1, then keep all your minions?

--Sweetie Belle

Thanks!

The strikes thing is a little confusing. Just mainly I think the rules could be a little clearer. At first I was looking for rules on when you could advance tiers, too...

Was thinking that might be too complicated. Will think of less complicated alternatives.

And you can choose doors from a tier once you have the number of needed ponies. Should probably just remove derpy bat, though that doesn't remove all the derpy strikes.

I guess if you're good with the CMC and a few others. You do become more likely to get a derpy each time you choose each tier. Guess my options could be to add more derpies or not religate ponies to certain tiers.

The tiers don't all have to be the same size, either. Actually, doesn't look like they are. You could probably make each tier smaller then the last, if you felt like rearranging things. Door 9B and 9A sorta got swapped, too.

I'm still wondering about Door 2C, though. That's one pony and one bat, isn't it? How does that work?

--Sweetie Belle

That was the only bat pony of shinning armor I could find.:raritydespair: Should just count as Shining armor. Will make sure to not have any confusing doors next time.

H'okay! I thiiink I have the idea.
Bat-a test begins!

Flutterbat prowls the darkness of Ponyville. She finds a pony and strikes!
But doesn't know what went wrong! The pony runs off screaming.
Being a vampony is hard!

1 Permanent Strike!

Fear is for the week! Night 2!
Flutterbat creeps through the shadows.
The pony runs off screaming about vampires.
P-persistance is key. Maybe Flutterbat needs to talk to her predator animal friends to get some tips! :fluttershyouch:

2 Permanent Strikes!

Avoid kicking cans when prowling. Go for the weak, sickly and unaware. Right. Night 3!
Derpy Hooves (Bat version [how confusing]) is the first victim.

[Derpy Bat Get!]
[Carrot TopBat Get!]
[Scootabat Get!]
[Rosebat Get!]
[Chaserbat Get!]
[UnknownPatPrintbat Get!]
[Cheeribat Get!]
[RoseChangelingbat Get!][Seriously, 12A's a duplicate of 7A]
[Sweetiebat Get!]
[Bloombat Get!]

[Tier 1 Get]
[10 Minions acquired]

Given that the heat is on from her first two disastrous forays, Fluttershy really had no choice but to clear the entire first tier. If she ran into an unturned pony, it would be an immediate loss. Things do not look good for Flutterbat's plans. But that was all of Ponyville's easy prey cleared, she can go right to Tier 4. It's unknown if tier 4 contains Derpies. But in case it does, it doesn't make sense to try to go on Tier 2 until another Derpy is found.

The Attack on Canterlot!
[Dusk of The 3rd Night. 12 Hours Remaining]
The hoard creeps through the streets and upon the walls and roofs. The city is on edge, having heard rumors of a plague of monsters in Ponyville. Canterlot Castle is the target.

Along the way the Cutie Bat Crusaders figure that they'll try their hand at bat conversion cutie marks. They follow the sound of music, to the home of a beautiful earth pony. They strike! Scootabat lunges with her new wings! Breaking dramatically through window glass is hard. She veers into Applebat coming in through the balcony and lands in a heap. Sweetie bat leaps over her fallen comrades, fangs bared!

Only to get intercepted by a desperately swung cello by the home's resident.
The victim screams. The alarm goes up.

Bad End.

Fluttershy and all the rest are turned back into normal, mundane ponies. The dream of a paradise of awesome bats is over. Forever.

Thanks Octabama.

You may want to recommend that people keep a running tally in their post. Maybe open a second tab. Because really there's too much to keep track of otherwise. You need to know exactly who you've gotten already, which can be a lot, and your number of strikes. And even their source.

I'm thinking of changing it form having four tiers to having four nights, kind of like levels. Like, you can stop the first night whenever you want (or maybe are forced to move on by a whammy) and go on to the next one with all strikes removed. Finish night 1, then start choosing doors in night 2. Etc. The longer you stay on one night, the more ponies you get and the easier the next night will be.

It could make things easier to keep track of, maybe give it a sort of narrative, and would stop people from pulling a Lumi and dying horrible in tier 4.

I would have died horribly in tier 2 or 3 anyway. I kinda got the worst case scenario and got every Derpy in tier 1 before everything else.
It was only a matter of time before I hit another few Derpies. So I made a desperation move because it had the best odds.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10