Devil May Cry 294 members · 37 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4
Nightmare_0mega
Group Admin

20 years ago, a very special game released on the Playstation 2 in Japan. An action game of extreme proportions that pushed the limits of what could be done in the genre, paving the way for countless titles over the years. Rooted in Resident Evil, playing with the themes of horror and fear, but entirely cocksure over laughing in the face of such things, Devil May Cry exploded onto the scene and had us players slicing, smashing, and shooting in smokin', sick, sexy style.

As the years went on, and as the franchise hit its ups and downs, the core series embeded itself into our hearts, creating a community of action lovers the likes of which that has never been seen before or since for a single source.

For me, Devil May Cry was more than just a really good action title. It was the goofiest of games that had a surprising amount of depth, in game and in story, that brought forth wonderful creators as well as hardcore players that were willing to just show off what the game was entirely capable of.

I can never properly express my love for this series, for it's far more than I could convey. So, instead, allow me to say this:

Thank you Devil May Cry!
Thank you Hideki Kamiya!
Thank you Hideaki Itsuno!
Thank you Team Little Devils and the Capcom Production Studio 1!
And Thank you, dear friends and fellow fans!

Here's to another 20 years!

To you fans out there, talk about when you started the series. Talk about your favorite moments or gameplay memories. Talk about your favorite bits of fanart/fanworks. Talk about your collection (if you have one). Share your love for DMC!

Man I had such memories of discovering Devil May Cry via Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition on the PS2 years ago.
I remember somewhere in 2nd Grade I think, my mom's boyfriend got me the game somewhere in 2007 or 2008, I got so hooked into that game.
With the lore and details too such as about the info about the Lesser Demons or the items you can find.
Or the level design and such.
To such badass stuff such as Vergil there.

I managed to get all 6 games(including the "Reboot") for the Xbox One,got the first 3 games for the Switch and have DMC3: Special Edition on the PS2.

Nightmare_0mega
Group Admin

Damn, that's a nice start to the series. Also, pretty solid collection.

Thanks

And who knew Devil May Cry was originally one of the builds for RE4 that became its own thing iirc.
Resident Evil 4 being my first RE game too.

Whats interesting is how its thanks to Devil May Cry 3 I learned about the concept of the Seven Deadly Sins there.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4