Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14

Alright, pretty good, pretty good. There were a few grammatical errors, especially early on, and Twilight's first line of dialogue was sorta... Meh.

Otherwise, not bad, not bad at all.

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

1767606 can you plz do a edit of it?

Alright... For you. *boop* :scootangel:

Gimme a bit...

Sorry this took so long. Most will be me just giving out some tips and opinions, so only take seriously what you want of this.

The day continued with the sun shinning

Should be shining

rang out at a preset point.

Not thee best fix, I'll admit, but it definitely douses the redundancy from before. It'll do for now.

A almost normal breakfast

Should be an

It was that or she was constipated.

but there was the possibility of them both eating some bad beans.

Not sure if running back to the same joke twice in a row is all that good, I get you're trying to reinforce the point, but as joke it sorta loses its pizzazz after the first time around. Maybe delete the first one, and keep the second, it'll be even funnier if you do.

somepony that I had known for just a few days,

This little segment feels a bit weak, I think what does it for me is the word 'just', I feel there're better descriptors out then than just that one word. Maybe "Somepony I'd known for less than a week" or something like that would be better.

What would it be like if my mom had started dating a stallion instead of a mare.

Should end in with a question mark, seeing as how it's legitimately a question.

Mom just hadn't liked them as much as long as I could remember

Don't think I need to say what's wrong there... Consider revising it to something like "Mom just hadn't liked them, for as long as I can remember"

I tilted my head to the right to confer a confirmation of my attentive state.

Redundant in a different sense. Not sure if you really need to change it, but I'd at least consider, but I don't really have any worth while suggestions as to how...

It was kinda like she was trying to tiptoe into the question

Small complaint, but ponies have hooves, not toes. Not saying you have to use tiphoof, or tip-hoof, other than what you have, but it might help.

We need to know this for multiple reasons. The egregiously late development of your flight could be just a consequence of this, and knowing how if it might effect your future development starts with figuring out what we already know.

This sentence... It's a whole lot of eh to me. I'm not saying it's completely OOC, but you really should consider doing something about it.

That's about it, I think...

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

1768605 what are your suggestions for making that last part more Twilighty?

Well, I don't think Twilight is really one for using big words, especially when surrounded by ponies who might not understand the terms she's using. In most cases she tends to dumb down her manner of speech when around her friends, and considering she's talking to a kid, she'd probably do the same here. For instance, instead of 'multiple', she might say 'a lot'.

Does this help at all?

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

1769099 hmm, I would point out who she is talking too. Scribble skipped two grades, and Winter is a journalist who has interviewed famous ponies, but you do make a good point... hmmmmm

Well, it doesn't seem all that in character regardless, you could keep the big words, just try to make it seem like Twilight really wants to get her point across. Keep in mind, even Twilight doesn't know everything, which is why she's asking Scribble this in the first place.

You know it's strange, Twilight is far from my favorite pony, yet I'm told I characterize her pretty well...

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

1769195 we notice more about the ponies we like less I guess. want to rp before I have to go and write more on my report?

True, it also helps that I'm a lot like her too, I guess...

And I'm up for some RP if you are, what did you have in mind?

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

1769214 Scribble has a baby now, so much to rp about! (plz start it Ill brb

I actually gtg now... I'm really sorry, maybe on the weekend, or when we have less rl work we can RP some more...

Again, sorry. :ajsleepy:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14