Alternate Universe Roleplaying Group 52 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 28 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 28
Craterfist
Group Admin

Hello, people! This is a little experiment I'm trying out. Not sure how well it will work, but that's why I'm doing this! Simply choose a nation like Amareica or Mexicolt or some such, and I will set your character on a short little adventure to investigate a mythical creature in that area. The creatures will correspond to the real-life nations. Bigfoot for America, Chupacabra for Mexico, and so on.

I think you meant to title this spoon.

Anyways, Nessy for Great Britrotnia.

Craterfist
Group Admin

[Nope. This is a roleplay thread. We title them Fork. And Nessie is technically in the Scoltish (Scottish) Highlands, which is a separate country from Britrotnia.]

As you step off the passenger ship into the Scoltish Highlands, you are greeted by a cold wind and a view of what appears to be and endless struggle between Winter and Spring. Some places sported fresh green grass, while the higher mountain peaks were capped with pure white snow. Your map shows that this town is just a few miles from the lake said to contain the fabled creature you are looking for. You could see the lake from where you were in town. When you walk into the nearby town, there seemed to be eyes following you from a few of the native villagers, as if they knew what you were here for. An inn was just at the end of the street, and the sun was beginning to tdip into the horizon.

You could explore the town, rent a room at the inn, or go straight for the lake. Though, going out on the lake is much more dangerous at night, but nighttime is when the creature is said to be more active.

(OOC Oh, sorry. Thought this was an out of character thread. Also, Scotland is, in technicality, part of Britain. Anyways, character: Leaf Walker)

Leaf feels at home in the bracing cold of the highlands, much reminiscent of northwestern Equestria. He steps off the boat and walks through the streets to the inn, wanting to set up a home base for his operations here in Scoltland.

He still kept his face mostly obscured under his tricorn hat, a deadpan hiding the frustration he felt towards the sidelong glances of the people in the street. He still didn't understand why a ranger of his middle range skill would be sent on such an important mission so far away, but if Celestia needed a reconnaissance report, then who was he to argue?

He enters the inn.

Craterfist
Group Admin

The inn was very homey and quaint, with the main lobby being warmed by a large but simple fireplace to the right of the door. Straight ahead was the front desk, a unicorn mare with a pair of bifocals sitting at the desk and writing through several pieces of paperwork. Despite this, she had a small smile, and seemed friendly. Though, she also semed engrossed in her paperwork, and didn't hesr Leaf Walker enter.

Leaf glances about the lobby to see if anyone else would be around the area. Satisfied no one else is in earshot, he drops the tough guy ranger demeanor and dons a more friendly smile. He walks over to the desk and says, "Pardon, miss, but do you have any rooms available?"

Craterfist
Group Admin

The mare looked up from her papers, though her hooves were still moving. Without missing a beat, two keys floated up in front of Leaf. One was steel, the other was painted gold "There's two open, sweetheart. Ten bits a night will get you a basic room with a bed and full bathroom, with a small fireplace. Fifteen a night is the gold key to our more luxurious rooms. Queen size bed, large fireplace the one behind you, a larger bathroom, and a small kitchenette if you want to cook yourself something."

Leaf, being his normal utilitarian self, answers, "If it's all the same, ma'am, I'll take the basic room." He reaches into his cloak to fiddle with his pouch and grab ten bits before laying them on the counter. Unwittingly with his guard down, Leaf forgets his ranger shortsword is under his cloak and it is easily seen as he reaches for the coins.

Craterfist
Group Admin

[That's why I never saw this a week ago! You forgot to hit the reply button, silly! Do you still wanna continue with this?]

(Sure! Sorry, could've sworn I hit it. :twilightsheepish:)

Craterfist
Group Admin

The mare raised an eyebrow at the sight of the sword, handing (hoofing?) the steel key over to Leaf. "Best be careful who sees that, friend. I won't say anything. Your room is up the stairs, fourth door on the left." The mare smiled assuringly and swept the bits into a drawer. She then went back to filling out the papers on her desk.

Leaf, usually able to wear a guise of a deceiving expression, actually gives way to utter shock. He slings the cloak back over the blade and resumes his composure. "Umm... Yes... Right. Thank you." Leaf walks rather briskly to the room of the key he was handed.

Craterfist
Group Admin

The room was, in a word, basic. The bed was a twin-size, with nondescript white sheets and a faded red comforter. There was a basic, but clean, bathroom across from the bed with a toilet, sink, and a shower/bathtub combo. Against the far wall was a small fireplace, still burning and filling the room with a comfortable warmth. There was nothing special about the room, but it was certainly well-kept.

[Just a question, how am I doing with the descriptions?]

1378866 [Let's do this I'm taking Snow to Saddle Arabia]

(Doing great. Better than I would as DM.)
"It'll do," Leaf says aloud as he lays bags by the bed. He unhooks his shortsword and crossbow from his back, laying them in the corner before hanging his cloak and tricorn hat on the bedpost. He relaxes a moment on the bed gathering his thoughts.

Craterfist
Group Admin

[Apologies, but I'll have to start yours tomorrow. I need to actually find a good monster myth from Saudi Arabia.]

As the sun set and eventually gave way to the moon and stars, a faint roar could be heard from the lake. Most residents of the town just ignored it. The fireplace in Leaf's room still crackled and burned comfortingly, giving a sense of home.

1449963 [It's okay, kind of my fault for picking a pretty exotic place.:trollestia:]

Leaf sits up at the sound of the roars. "Well... I guess that answers whether it exists or not... I should jot this down so I can tell the Princess." He quickly pulls a small binding of parchments out of the bag and writes a hasty report before returning to bed, this time shutting his eyes off until morning.

[Just an idea for an arabian monster, what about a Ghoul? Rather than zombies, like in western myth, in Arabian folklore a ghoul was a flesh eating, shape shifting demon that wandered the desert in search of travellers and other wanderers to eat. Just a thought.:scootangel:]

Craterfist
Group Admin

[Maybe. I'll do research in the morning. I'm going to bed after this post. Skip to morning? Unless he wanted to go put at night, when it's most active.]

(Actually I'm off to bed too. Pick up literally in the morning?)

Craterfist
Group Admin

As the morning sun rose, the town began waking up. Some ponies were already opening stands or shops, others were simply milling about the streets. It was quiet. Very, very quiet.

Quill rises, feeling slightly stiff before stretching and climbing off the bed. He dons his tricorn and doublet, leaving his cloak and weapons behind. He walks downstairs to the lobby.

Craterfist
Group Admin

[No shower? Does this pony have a sense of hygiene?]

(Sorry for taking so long. I have been moving into college and rather busy)
Leaf, suddenly remembering his absentminded forgetfulness of a shower, hurries back to his room to take one.

Craterfist
Group Admin

[Alright, once he's done showering, just have him walk out of the inn. He can keep his room for the whole adventure. He can go straight to the lake, ask around town, go to the library, etc.]

(Very well.)
After showering and taking a walk out of the inn, Leaf decides to investigate the lake.

Craterfist
Group Admin

The crystal clear waters of the lake were shrouded in mist, the sun barely permeating the thick fog. The lake was was wide, but it was known to be very, very deep. At the edge of the lake where Leaf was standing, there was a bit of sandy beach area that led into the water with a gradual downward slope, then dropped off into the abyss.....

(Sorry my messages are coming so sporadically. I just started college and its a pain in the ass as far as scheduling goes.)
Leaf surveys the beaches. He checks for any tracks the tide might have preserved, knowing if the creature is semi aquatic, it would be large enough to leave tracks.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 28