Alternate Universe Roleplaying Group 52 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14
Irongalley
Group Admin

Ask anything you like about the lore of this universe. I will answer everything you ask. :rainbowkiss:

Craterfist
Group Admin

Florp dorp quorp duop?

Irongalley
Group Admin

Dorp. Definitely dorp. :moustache:

Oh, thank God. I have had some big questions about the factions. First off, what are their relationships with each other like?

Irongalley
Group Admin

Big Factions:

Equestria is attempting to mediate a conflict between Amareican and Prench governments, who happen to be at odds because Amareica has been trading with Saddle Arabia, who happens to be an ally of Britrotnia. Equestria is also at odds with Mexicolt, because the small nation can't keep orcs, goblins, and bandits from raiding Mexicoltian caravans. Mexicolt has announced that either Equestria takes care of the problem, or Mexicoltian armies will take care of it themselves.

Mexicolt and Amareica are eyeing each other sourly, since Mexicolt has been holding on to large portions of land around the Amareican island (Each nation is an island nation, with smaller islands surrounding them). Amareica has been pressing to buy the islands, but Mexicolt won't budge. The Prench have been attempting to ally with Mexicolt to gain support if a war erupts.

Britrotnia and Prance are longstanding enemies. Britrotnia is friends with Saddle Arabia, and the Amareicans have been warming up to them. Mexicolt remains neutral to them, so they stay neutral. Equestria has been receiving constant requests for open trading, which they have declined due to Prench pressure.

Prance is at odds with almost everyone except Mexicolt and Equestria, though they do apply pressure on both whenever they see their interests threatened. The Prench Emperor and the Britrotnian queen have signed a crumbling peace, that finds itself threatened by every move the other factions make.

Saddle Arabia is a strong ally of Great Britrotnia, and they are pressing for war against Prance, as they wish to recover a large portion of their territory currently under Prench occupation. They are neutral to Mexicolt, and are trading with Amareica. Equestria has no dealings with them so far.

Amareica is at odds with Prance, and Mexicolt. They are trading with Saddle Arabia, and Great Britrotnia, as well as Equestria, despite Prench opposition. This has set the table for a very uneasy, but stable setting, as no faction can make a move against another without setting off a war none of them can win.

Small Factions:

Orcs, bandits, and Goblins are considered enemies by all factions, with the exception of humans.

Monster ponies are strong allies of Equestria.

Humans are watching from afar, not really interested in the affairs of the world, as an uneasy, peaceful civil war is taking place in their kingdom, with two contestants for the crown playing over a hundred chess games simultaneously to decide control over each city, town, province, bridge, and road. They are sympathetic to Orcs, Goblins, and Bandits for reasons unknown, and it is common knowledge that they offer protection to some of the most notorious criminals and raiders.

Zombies are not a faction, though several rebellions have sprouted over the years.

Sea Ponies keep to themselves.

Aaaaand... Am I missing anyone? I don't think so... Well, I guess that covers it! Tell me if I missed anything, or if something doesn't make sense. :rainbowwild:

Wow thanks. That covers everyone. Well, there are three or four other minor factions I was wondering about. What about dragons, griffons, diamond dogs, and changelings?

Irongalley
Group Admin

Dragons: They've done as they always do and keep to themselves in the Bandlands. They do not have a strongly cemented society, and prefer to maintain their hoards and territories to themselves. Since most of them sleep for thousands of years, they rarely disturb the world affairs.

Changelings: Aha! Now here's a nicely placed mystery. Following their defeat at Canterlot, the changelings have disappeared from Equestria! However, Britrotnia has been recently struck with a massive plague that affects its citizens. It would seem the symptoms are nausea, headaches, irritability, and lack of affection...

Diamond Dogs: Conforming a large piece of the bandits that plague Equestria, diamond dogs have been recently warring with goblins and orcs over territory, and seeing the changes of the world around them, many are starting to offer themselves as mercenaries or caravan guards. Mexicolt has taken more than a few into service guarding their routes.

Gryphons: The Gryphon Kingdoms, always up for a fight and never fearing their foes. They have taken a liking to Prench imperialism, and are now one of their most important military allies, several of them even going as far as to adopt Prench names and customs.

Thanks. I needed some perspective on the political scene.

Irongalley
Group Admin

No prob. :moustache: Anything else? Anything at all?

Might have some history stuff later, particularly geared towards exploration and intelligence given I'm RPing a ranger.

Yo weren't there Saddle Arabian ambassadors visiting Equestria in the episode with Trixie's return? They seemed pretty passive with Equestria...

Irongalley
Group Admin

Yush. I am saying that both nations don't have official treaties as of now, but they're neutral.

Got it! Prance seem like dicks.

Irongalley
Group Admin

They are undergoing an imperialistic age. :moustache: They're at their strongest, so they are not well-liked by many of the others.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14