The Marvel/DC Co-Fan Club 717 members · 563 stories
Comments ( 25 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 25

Let me save you all some time and tell you no he's not. I've heard this argument before, that Superman's "perfect" and he's not interesting because of it like a "Mary Sue" or "Gary Stu" which is the male equivalent of that term. A Mary Sue/Gary Stu never faces challenges, nothing is too hard for them, and they have no real problems. Yeah that's not what Superman is. There ARE things that are hard for him, he DOES face challenges on nearly a daily basis, and yes he DOES have problems!!

2137091 the things he fights are on a whole other scale than other heroes.

And everything under the sun is always trying to off him. :trixieshiftright:

2137117 you're pointing to my comment :yay:

Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

2137127 it applies to both!

2137136 it's also kind of nice that he doesn't really need to go through our problems, but he just kind of does.

I'm not going to say that Superman is a Jesus metaphor, but I almost sort of want him to be :unsuresweetie:

Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

2137185 He can be.

I mean that speech from All-Star Superman would be a pretty accurate description of how Jesus works.

2137205>>2137185>>2137091. I think I stated my opinions on this matter awhile back and you guys seem set in your opinions so I won't try to change them. I will say however that the only reason I don't really like Superman as a character is that I can not relate to this person. Superman, Clark Kent, Cal-el, whatever you call him, he's way to unreal. I prefer a character that seems to have more relatable issues. Someone who seems like to waver on what they think is right or wrong. And yeah I also prefer them to not be a bullet proof alien that can defy gravity, among other things..... a lot of other things. Super heroes with a lot of powers are a little boring. Hell even Spiderman gets to be a bit much sometimes.

2139575 I relate to Clark Kent.

Introverted writer... check
Believes in the better side of mankind, even knowing it's made it's share of mistakes... check
Has a thing for girls with attitude... check
Raised by old people... check
Gets into it with cynics... check

Your move :moustache:

2139607 I said I, keep that in mind, that I couldn't relate. It doesn't change my opinion that you can.

2139748 For the record, I'm not the one who disliked your comment :moustache:

2139790 Not really. I've gotten more hate from pacifists.

2139575 So I'm assuming you have trouble relating to Batman then. He's nowhere near relatable either, no more than you seem to think Superman is, and if you think otherwise you're kidding yourself

2140305 Um no... I actually don't relate to batman... at all. Why was that in question? And for that matter why does my opinion bother you guys so much?

2140392 I'm not bothered :moustache:

A lot of people don't like Supes

2140395 Then why does it feel like you guys are trying to change my opinion. I man I'll admt the course of this conversation has swayed my opinion on whether he's a Gary stu, but I still don't like him. His unwavering moral compass makes him kinda dull to me.

2140443. Do you have an answer for it? Cause if not I think I'm done here.

2140456 Because...

We defend out own? :rainbowderp:

2140460 from what? I wasn't really attack in him. I said I didn't like him. I didn't say he wasn't a good character. My opinion has no effect on his popularity and therefore his worth.

2140476 good point. I'm sorry for attacking you like that

2140478. Its cool. I mostly just like arguing.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 25